Confucius

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."

"If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake."

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."

"The funniest people are the saddest ones"

"Respect yourself and others will respect you."

"Attack the evil that is within yourself, rather than attacking the evil that is in others."

"When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points."

"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life."

"Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without."

"It is not the failure of others to appreciate your abilities that should trouble you, but rather your failure to appreciate theirs."

"The way out is through the door. Why is it that no one will use this method?"

"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials."

"Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life."

"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."

"And remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

"If what one has to say is not better than silence, then one should keep silent."

"Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles."

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps."

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."

"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of."

"To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge. "

"If your plan is for one year plant rice. If your plan is for ten years plant trees. If your plan is for one hundred years educate children. "