Tyrion Lannister

"Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

"Schemes and plots are the same thing."

"Death is so final. Whereas life, ah, life is full of possibilities."

"What sort of imbecile arms an assassin with his own blade?"

"I try to know as many people as I can. You never know which one you'll need."

"You can't fuck your way out of everything."

"Anyone named Desmond Crakehall must be a pervert."

"Not this time. We'll be staying at the finest castles and inns. No one turns away a Lannister."

"I remember reading an old sailor's proverb, 'Piss on wildfire and your cock burns off.'"

"If you're going to be a cripple, it's better to be a rich cripple."

"Everything's better with some wine in the belly."

"It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it if it were easy."

"Listen to me. Sometimes possession is an abstract concept. When they captured me, they took my purse, but the gold is still mine."

"You love your children. It's your one redeeming quality. That and your cheekbones."

"The Northerners will never forget."

"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on its head."

"Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons. Doesn't seem right."

"And a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone."

"I think armies give you power."

Daenerys: "I will have a very large army and very large dragons." Tyrion: "Killing and politics aren't always the same thing."

"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

"That's what I do: I drink and I know things."

"Laughing at another person's misery was the only thing that made me feel like everyone else."

"Trial by combat, deciding a man's guilt or innocence in the eyes of the gods by having two other men hack each other to pieces. It tells you something about the gods."

"I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had the wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron."

"I just want to stand on top of the Wall and piss off the edge of the world."

"You once said that without me, the city would have faced certain defeat. You said the histories would never mention me, but you would not forget. Have you forgotten, Lord Varys?"