Shia LaBeouf Quotes

"Talent is to actors what luck is to card players. It's not really anything; it's just a fictitious word that people have created and labeled things. Talent is like, you know, I never really believed in talent, I believed in drive and determination and preparation, but talent is sort of like luck."

"I feel like I'm really honest in my interviews, to a fault. I've lost friends over it. Major friends. And I'm heartbroken about that."

"I understand why marriages break up over golf. I can't even talk about my own handicap because it's too upsetting."

"What's cool is when you're able to give your audience imagination and you don't have to cage them in like animals."

"When a gust of wind hits a broken bone, you feel it."

"Old Americana vintage gangster stuff has a fantastical feel; it feels less dirty in a way. It feels like the opera of crime."

"My mom is at my house every day, and she nags me about everything, especially hygiene."

"Sometimes I feel I'm living a meaningless life, and I get frightened."

"If I have enough money to eat I'm good."

"I think penguins are the most human of all the birds, which may be why people love them. They're cute, they stand upright and they look like they're wearing tuxedos."

"I'm a little territorial and defensive. I don't like having my space invaded."

"I was the only white kid in my neighborhood for most of my youth even in high school, so reverse racism was just as apparent as racism."

"I'm not a strikingly handsome guy, but I'm in movies."

"I can't tell you how many hot dogs I've eaten in my life."

"I turned down a scholarship to Yale. The problem with college is that there's a tendency to mistake preparation for productivity. You can prepare all you want, but if you never roll the dice you'll never be successful."

"People were going to geometry class and I was swimming through vats of chili on 'Even Stevens.' It was like a dream!"

"I was in a relationship with a girl I loved for three years. Where do you go after three years? Then you've got to start thinking about other things, and I'm too young to think about those things."

"We're living through the twilight of American economic dominance."

"I have a hard time with free time."

"Clubs are so lame. Nobody even dances at these clubs. They stand around and get drunk and they schmooze. There is no enjoyment factor."