Amelia Earhart

"Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail their failure must be but a challenge to others."

"Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn't be done."

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it."

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself."

"Better do a good deed near at home than go far away to burn incense."

"Never do things others can do and will do, if there are things others cannot do or will not do."

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price."

"The woman who can create her own job is the woman who will win fame and fortune."

"Being alone is scary, but not as scary as feeling alone in a relationship." 

"A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees." 

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price." 

"Don't criticize someone doing something you said couldn't be done."       

"The more one does,the more one can do."   

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."   

"There is more to life than being a passenger."   

"There are two kinds of stones, as everyone knows, one of which rolls."   

"Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things."   

"Worry retards reaction and makes clear-cut decisions impossible."  

"The stars seemed near enough to touch and never before have I seen so many. I always believed the lure of flying is the lure of beauty, but I was sure of it that night."  

"My ambition is to have this wonderful gift produce practical results for the future of commercial flying and for the women who may want to fly tomorrow's planes." 

"The soul's dominion? Each time we make a choice, we pay with courage to behold restless day and count it fair." 

"Anticipation, I suppose, sometimes exceeds realization." 

"I lay no claim to advancing scientific data other than advancing flying knowledge. I can only say that I do it because I want to." 

"The field was wet, the lane was wet, and the spirits of my mechanic and helper were damp." 

"Preparation, I have often said, is rightly two-thirds of any venture."        

"It is far easier to start something than it is to finish it."  

"[Women] must pay for everything.... They do get more glory than men for comparable feats. But, also, women get more notoriety when they crash."