Barack Obama

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."

"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress."

"In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it."

"There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America."

"We don't ask you to believe in our ability to bring change, rather, we ask you to believe in yours."

"Nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change."

"it's important to make sure that we're talking with each other in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds."

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?"

"Our stories may be singular, but our destination is shared."

"You can put lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig."

"While we breathe, we will hope."

"You can't let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you."

"Perfect is unattainable. Better is possible."

"Find somebody to be successful for. Raise their hopes. Think of their needs."

"The best anti-poverty program is a world-class education."

"Don't ever let anybody tell you that your efforts don't matter or that your voice doesn't count. Don't ever believe that you can't make a difference. You have."

"No religion is responsible for terrorism. People are responsible for violence and terrorism."

"The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something."

"Reading makes all other learning possible. We have to get books into our children's hands early and often."

"If you're a strong man, you should not feel threatened by strong women"

"It should be the power of our vote, not the size of our bank accounts, that drives our democracy."

"We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent."

"If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost."

"Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference."

"We've been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope. But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope."