Rihanna

"Don't lower your standards for anything or anyone."

"You can't master your future if you're still a slave to your past."

"I play by my own rules so please think twice before you step into my life."

"As a young female I think it's important that young people know there's nothing wrong with having fun, nobody is telling us to be square or be boring, but we have to be safe."

"Spend time with people who know how to use their days well. Just as iron sharpens iron, positive people will inspire you to be positive."

"Hurt me with the truth, don't comfort me with a lie."

"Keep your eyes on the finish line and not on the turmoil around you."

"Ask God for forgiveness, and leave your regrets in the past!"

"I think a lot of people are afraid of being happy because of what others might think of it."

"I don't do things for the response or for the controversy. I just live my life."

"You don't want to live your life and then meet someone. You want to share your life with someone. That's what I'm missing right now."

"Never underestimate a man's ability to make you feel guilty for his mistakes."

"Success for me isn't a destination it's a journey. Everybody's working to get to the top but where is the top? It's all about working harder and getting better and moving up and up."

"My story is definitely going to be a happily ever after, no matter what."

"When something feels real, you don't make any apologies for it. When it feels good to you, nothing else matters. Everything else is just noise."

"Let go of the things that make you feel dead. Life is worth living!"

"People think, because we're young, we aren't complex, but that's not true. We deal with life and love and broken hearts in the same way a woman a few years older might."

"To me makeup is a major accessory. It can change an outfit, it can make the outfit, it can be the outfit, and that's why I like to play with it."

"I'm really looking forward to seeing what life brings to me."

"I just love a challenge, whether it's a relationship, my career, clothing."

"When it comes to fashion, I like to see individuality."

"It's tougher to be vulnerable than to actually be tough."

"I'm open to love. But guys should have to earn it. Because the minute they get it, they want something else."

"I always keep my guard up with guys and I guess that can get in the way sometimes. I can make them go through hell."