Jamie Foxx

"If you look at how long the Earth has been here, we're living in the blink of an eye. So, whatever it is you want to do, you go out and do it."

"Black people are the most talented people in the world."

"We can't retract the decisions we've made, we can only affect the decisions we're going to make from here."

"You are what you repeatedly do when things get hard."

"I wish I could take what I'm feeling right now and put it in the water system so everybody could drink it and we would all love each other."

"You have a responsibility to your work, to your choices. Once you get to a certain level of quality and commitment, you don't want to go back and make Booty Call 7."

"This whole thing called the internet and all this other kind of stuff is about to go crazy. It's all going to change. But, you know what's not going to change? The talented people."

"It's like church over here. It's like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama."

"That's what's great about the arts. Everything inspires you, and you get a chance to grow from watching other people and how they do their work."

"My worst hair experience was when I was trying to relax my hair and my grandmother did it. It went all straight and I looked like a black Bee Gee."

"Having a stage name is like having a Superman complex. I go into the telephone booth as Eric Bishop and come out as Jamie Foxx."

"Then I was playing the piano at eight, and that helps you learn about women because most of the people I was playing for were women."

"Every single thing in my life is built around race."

"Guys don't adapt as well as women do to getting their heart broken for the first time. It's tragic."

"In our music, in our everyday life, there are so many negative things. Why not have something positive and stamp it with blackness?"

"You gotta have the balls to go out there and be funny, man."

"All of us black comedians are trying to be mainstream, but you don't want to lose the edge."

"I really wanted to just be a musician. I didn't want to be anything else, but I was funny and all that."