Emma Watson

"There's nothing wrong with being afraid. It's not the absence of fear, it's overcoming it. Sometimes you've got to blast through and have faith."

"Feminism is equality: politically; culturally; socially; economically. That's it, that simple."

"Don't be ashamed if you don't like what others pretend to love."

"All I can do is follow my instincts, because I'll never please everyone."

"I don't want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself."

"Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like. I promise."

"I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm going to be who I really am. I'm going to figure out what that is."

"But it's a journey and the sad thing is you only learn from experience, so as much as someone can tell you things, you have to go out there and make your own mistakes in order to learn."

"There's nothing interesting about looking perfect—you lose the point. You want what you're wearing to say something about you, about who you are."

"It's important to read because it's really good for your vocabulary. It's really good for your imagination. I enjoy reading because I find it relaxing."

"I don't want the fear of failure to stop me from doing what I really care about."

"I do worry about the expectation to look a certain way."

"It is my belief that there is a greater understanding than ever that women need to be equal participants in our homes, in our societies, in our governments, and in our workplaces."

"My friends are all really nice about my fame, they're just curious really, they ask lots of questions."

"If men don't have to be aggressive in order to be accepted, women won't feel compelled to be submissive. If men don't have to control, women won't have to be controlled."

"Becoming yourself is really hard and confusing, and it's a process. It's often not cool to be the person who puts themselves out there."

"I think I'm actually in denial that I'm famous, it only sinks in when people crowd in the streets. My friends treat me like a regular person, which is what I wanted."

"The saddest thing for a girl to do is to dumb herself down for a guy."

"If you believe in equality, you're a feminist. Sorry to tell you."

"I truly, truly believe that beauty is something that comes from within."

"We had fun just messing around and being awkward like they would be awkward. There's always that stage in a friendship when you wonder whether it could be more."