Shakira

"Walking gets too boring when you learn how to fly."

"Fame isolates people from reality. That happens to many artists, and I don't want it to happen to me."

"The worst frustration for a singer is choosing a career in making music and then not being able to make music because you're always giving interviews"

"Nationalism is cured by traveling."

"I can be like a lioness when defending my people."

"My hips don't lie and I don't lie either!"

"Adam's too busy thinking about his wedding. All he thinks about is flower arrangements!"

"I think a fragrance is all about sensations and imagery, and can evoke visions, feelings and thoughts."

"A good fragrance should have a certain personality that makes people identify the scent with you."

"Education is the only way forward in Latin America and developing countries in general."

"I'm lucky to have family around me. Otherwise, I'll be taking the risk of falling in love with myself."

"My brain, I believe, is the most beautiful part of my body."

"I am a person who has many dreams. But as soon as I accomplish one, I move on to the next. That's my fatal, absurd nature."

"I prefer an ugly truth to a pretty lie. If someone is telling me the truth that is when I will give my heart."

"Our leaders are lacking love, and love is lacking leaders."

"You collect impressions from people, from life, from your own daydreams."

"In the full light of day, I don't want to think about the sunset."

"I'm more afraid of marriage than death."

"I have such a respect and fascination for dance. I can be light as air or stay grounded. Dance is really another universe."

"In this life, to earn your place you have to fight for it."

"I know what it's like to feel that fear and the need of affirmation and appreciation. To build confidence in yourself is the toughest thing."

"Scars remind me of just how far that I've come."

"You can't achieve anything in life without a small amount of sacrifice."

"There's no better makeup than self-confidence." 

"I always had the intuition, even as a little child, that I was called for a big project."

"Live your life to the fullest."

"I admire Madonna because she always did whatever she felt like doing. She went through some controversial periods when people rejected her, but she kept on reinventing herself."