Steve Martin

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

"I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy."

"Boy, those French: they have a different word for everything!"

"I like a woman with a head on her shoulders. I hate necks."

"I've got to keep breathing. It'll be my worst business mistake if I don't."

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."

"First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me."

"Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is."

"Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way."

"It's pain that changes our lives."

"Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol."

"I believe entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

"You know that look that women get when they want to have sex? Me neither."

"We've had some fun tonight...considering we're all gonna die someday."

"I believe in equality. Equality for everybody. No matter how stupid they are or how superior I am to them."

"Be so good they can't ignore you."

"How is it possible to miss a woman whom you kept at a distance, so that when she was gone you would not miss her?"

"When someone less capable is ahead of me, I am not pleased. It makes me insane."

"You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies."

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture."

"Thankfully, perseverance is a good substitute for talent."

"What is comedy? Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making them puke."

"All I've ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes."

"I thought yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life but it turns out today is."

"The conscious mind is the editor, and the subconscious mind is the writer."

"Comedy makes you humble. Because there are so many opportunities to miss, and strike out."