Robert Frost

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"We love the things we love for what they are."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader."

"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence."

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener."

"Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length."

"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, They have to take you in."

"Dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

"Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words."

"A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy, and another woman makes a fool of him in twenty minutes."

"The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work."

"A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer."

"The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office."

"I believe in teaching, but I don't believe in going to school."

"By faithfully working eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day."

"Families break up when they get hints you don't intend and miss hints that you do."

"Good fences make good neighbors."

"You've got to love what's lovable, and hate what's hateable. It takes brains to see the difference."

"Every poem is a momentary stay against the confusion of the world."

"A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom. "

"Education doesn't change life much. It just lifts trouble to a higher plane of regard."

"Nothing gold can stay."

"Always fall in with what you're asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever's going. Not against: with."

"Being the boss anywhere is lonely. Being a female boss in a world of mostly men is especially so."

"When I was young, I was so interested in baseball that my family was afraid I'd waste my life and be a pitcher. Later they were afraid I'd waste my life and be a poet. They were right."