Prince

"All people care about nowadays is getting paid, so they try to do just what the audience wants them to do. I'd rather give people what they need rather than just what they want."

"The most important thing is to be true to yourself, but I also like danger. That's what's missing from pop music today. There's no excitement or mystery."

"I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I'm something you will never understand."

"A strong spirit transcends rules. ... As RZA of Wu-Tang said, 'I ain't commercial, it's y'all who tell me whether I'm commercial or not.'"

"Movies are real! Music is real! It affects people, it's real. ... The other night I went to a club and I watched a DJ control an entire room. Even politicians can't do that."

"The key to longevity is to learn every aspect of music that you can."

"Yeah, everybody's got a bomb, we could all die any day. But before I'll let that happen, I'll dance my life away."

"There are no accidents. And if there are, it's up to us to look at them as something else. And that bravery is what creates new flowers."

"The new pushes the old out of the way and retains what it wants to."

"Don't let your children watch television until they know how to read, or else all they'll know how to do is cuss, fight and breed."

"Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers, and that can't be good for you."

"When I became a symbol, all the writers were cracking funnies, but I was the one laughing. I knew I'd be here today, feeling each new album is my first."

"Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool."

"What's missing from pop music is danger."

"Act your age and not your shoe size"

"There's always a rainbow at the end of every rain."

"Real music lovers are actually my favorite kind of people because they like to know, rather than just be told what to think."

"Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people."

"Sometimes it takes years for a person to become an overnight success."

"Time is a mind construct. It's not real."

"Money won't buy you happiness, but it'll pay for the search"

"A real friend or mentor isn't on your payroll."

"Love isn't love until it's past."

"All realities, all dimensions are open to me!"