It Wasn't Your Fault!

**Trigger Warning**

Alec's POV
I sighed glancing at the lake below the bridge I was standing on about to jump. My eyes were watering and my hands were trembling as I moved closer to the edge. No one knew what I was going through, no one knew the real definition of heartbreak and betrayal. "Don't do it!" A voice yelled making me turn around facing a familiar set of cat-like eyes staring at me. "Magnus?" I struggled.
"Alexander..."
"Don't you dare try to talk me out of this"
Magnus stepped closer holding out his hand in hopes of me taking it. "I've been here so many times in my immortal life. It's not worth it. Just take my hand and I'll get you out of here," he spoke gently. "No!" I yelled.
"You have family, Alexander! If you do this, you'll be hurting them. This is not the way you should die"
"I have no one!"
"Alexander..."
"No! Just leave me alone! You don't care, you never cared!"
"You know that's not true!"
"Then why not allow me to explain?! I messed up, Magnus"
By this point, my tears were out of control. Magnus looked at me sadly. "It wasn't your fault," he whispered trying to eliminate tears but failed miserably. "Don't tell me it was my fault!" I screamed almost falling off the edge.
"Don't do this..."
"Don't you understand?! I have to do this!"
"If you do this, the pain won't go away. It'll only get worse and hurt the people who love you. Please just take my hand and we'll get out of this together"
"I'm sorry, I can't. I won't"
"Please..."
I sighed glancing at the river and Magnus before taking Magnus's hand allowing him to pull me away to a safer place.