Destruction

Magnus's POV
I ran when I heard the explosion and to be honest, it scared me. Anyone could've died and the fire could continue destroying everything and everyone in its path. "Magnus!" Catarina yelled when she saw me. "How bad? How many people do you think would have survived?" I asked, completely out of breath.
"Not a lot of people are going to be alive. Part of the Institute was hit and now slowly falling to the ground"
I nodded and followed her to help the injured if it wasn't too late to save them. I just hoped Alec was still alive.

Alec's POV
I ran to a crying Clary who was over a body. I froze when I realized it was Izzy. "Is she-" I asked forcing her to look at me. "She's barely breathing and I doubt she'll make it," Clary responded while crying.
"No! I can't lose her the same way as I lost Jace!"
"Alec-"
Clary gasped when she examined closely making me confused. "What?" I asked. "You somehow have the immortality rune on your arm. How did you-" Clary started before another explosion went off throwing Clary and Izzy in the air. There was no way Izzy would be breathing now. I screamed and started running out of the horrific scene until I ran in the arms of my ex lover allowing me to sob in his shoulder. I had no one else who cared about me. My family dead and I messed up everything with Magnus. "Alexander, we should probably go somewhere safer," Magnus whispered as he noticed the immortality rune.

Magnus's POV
Alec was on the couch with his head in his legs trying to stop the crying while I stood beside him to make him comfortable. "Why are you helping me?" Alec finally asked pulling away from himself but his question sounded more like a scream for help. I stayed quiet for a few seconds and eventually sighed. "Because we're in the same position right now. Because I was worried about you. Because I could never hate you, no matter what you do. Because I can't see a world without you. Because I regret breaking your heart," I replied knowing I meant everything I said. Alec looked at me in shock before getting up and walked closer to me wrapping his arms around my waist then he kissed me. I was the one who broke the kiss. "What was that for?" I smirked. "For being honest, of course. I never stopped loving you and now we can be with each other for eternity," Alec responded.
"How did you even get the immortality rune on you?"
"It just appeared, I guess the world wants us to be together forever"
"Well, the world must be smart then. Let's get through this destruction together"
"I accept"