Broken But Now Fixed

Magnus's POV
I ran when I heard the attacks on the New York Institute since so many shadowhunters were fighting to their deaths but mainly because I was worried about Alexander. Sure, he was a strong fighter but he still could get seriously injured and I didn't want to see that happen. Out of breath, I started killing demons who came my way and who tried to break in the Institute. "SAM!" A voice yelled in the distance distracting me from killing. Then a fire started in the Institute and everyone screamed trying to get through to their loved ones, trying to escape the flames. Many people would be burned to death. I looked up to see horrific sights of people jumping to their deaths since they'd rather not die by flames.

Alec's POV
"IZZY!" I screamed. "Alec, s-save yourself!" Izzy cried out. I shook my head.
"If I do, you'll-"
"G-go. It's okay"
I cried before running out to the secret tunnels to get out without having to deal with the flames but still would be dangerous. Then I felt a slight pain in my stomach and looked down to see a blade in my heart causing me to scream in pain. I looked up to see a demon in front of me which vanished in front of my eyes and saw Jace. "Alec! I-I," Jace struggled. "You just tried to kill the demon. This wasn't your fault," I cried out. Jace shook his head before removing the blade from my chest and helped me out of the Institute which we barely got out before the invasion flew us to the other side of the building.

Magnus's POV
The Institute exploded right in front of our eyes. I could hear screams and cries from afar while looking for anyone alive. I ran ready to heal anyone who was still alive and needed my assistance.

Alec's POV
My eyes shut close but I didn't feel dead. Instead, I had no idea where I was. All I saw were four doors in front of me and a person in the middle. "Where am I?" I asked. "In the between before life and death. You are given the chance to live again but this time you won't go back mortal but immortal since you have warlock blood inside of you. You can move on as well," the girl answered.
"And if I choose life?"
"You can either be half warlock half shadowhunter, warlock, or remain a shadowhunter. Whatever you choose, you'll be immortal anyway"
Then the girl disappeared. Move on or go back immortal. Immediately, I made my decision choosing life and decided to be half warlock half shadowhunter. I could hear cries and screams before my eyes fluttered open healing my chest and stood up to witness the horror around me. I ran trying to find Jace to see if I could heal him with my now new powers. It didn't take long before I saw his golden blond hair and I noticed he was barely breathing so I ran up to him starting my work which wasn't working. It was probably too late to save him. "H-How?" Jace asked. "It's a long story but apparently I had warlock blood," I whispered before closing his eyes and marking him dead. Then I ran to the gardens in front of where the Institute used to be. I fell on my knees in the grass and started to cry until a hand rested on my shoulder calming me down since I recognized the touch. "Magnus," I muttered. "Alexander, I'm so glad you're safe," Magnus whispered.
"I miss you"
"Alec, I'm in love with you and will always be. I've realized that I can't live without you and don't see a life without you. I need you"
I turned to look at him and kissed him which surprised him at first but eventually deepened it. Regretfully, I pulled away. "And you won't, I promise," I replied. "I love you," Magnus whispered.

100 years later

Magnus's POV
"Alec, wake up, darling," I whispered before kissing him on the forehead. "I'm always awake for you," Alec whispered kissing me in return. We were both so happy that we would spend entirety with each other.