Chapter

You hurt me worse than I ever imagined. I thought you were the one but maybe I was wrong. Now it's like you're paying the price and I can't do anything to stop it. I could never stop caring about you but I feel like I can't anymore. I hope you get through this torture but know I can't help you anymore. I'm sorry.

**Possible Trigger Warning**

Alec's POV
"Izzy!" I screamed running after her since I knew I would probably be late to school. Izzy just laughed before running into the school building. "Miss, are you okay?" Marcus, a warlock, asked. "I'm fine!" Izzy muttered looking my way. Marcus noticed and smirked. "Marcus!" Magnus yelled making Marcus follow his leader. I was about to follow after my sister before being slammed to the ground hurting my back. "ALEC!" Izzy screamed running to me before someone grabbed her wrists so she would stay still. "Hello, Lightwood," Taylor, a werewolf, smirked. "Get off me!" I cried.
"I don't think I can"
"What do you want?!?"
"To hurt you"
I screamed as the kicking started. Taylor would never hurt me when Magnus and I were dating but he dares to now since Magnus broke up with me hurting me for my punishment. Now I'm pretty positive Magnus would beat me anytime he pleases just to make a statement. Izzy screamed in pain before Marcus came back out and used his magic to help my sister with Magnus right behind him. "Taylor!" Marcus screamed using his magic to throw him off me. "Marcus! I was just getting started!" Taylor hissed as I threw myself up running to my sister.
"We do not hurt shadowhunters!"
Taylor just laughed before looking at me. "He deserves it," Taylor spat, clenching his fists. "No shadowhunter deserves to get beaten," Marcus spat.
"Correction: The Lightwoods deserves it. I was going to beat Izzy when I was done with Alexander"
Izzy gasped and I literally looked like I was about to kill someone. Only one person could call me by Alexander even though he's my now ex. Magnus, on the other hand, was trying to hold in laughter. Not because he thought it was funny but he knew what I could do if anyone else called me Alexander. Trust me, being Magnus's boyfriend for three years, he knows me too well. Taylor started laughing. "What's the matter, Alexander? Too shocked to have someone else call you Alexander? Or does that mean you're in trouble?" Taylor smirked. "Stop calling me Alexander!" I screamed. Izzy literally had to hold my wrists to calm me down but it didn't work because somehow I was able to escape her grip and started running to Taylor ready to hurt him causing Magnus to snap his fingers and I landed in his arms not being able to move since his grip was so tight. "Calm down, Alexander," Magnus whispered. Taylor just kept laughing. "I guess it's true that you become violent if anyone else calls you Alexander," Taylor smirked heading to my sister and punched her three times in the face making her fall to the ground face first. I screamed as Izzy was struggling to defend herself and I wanted to help her but it was Marcus who decided to help. Taylor scowled at Marcus for helping her but he didn't care as he snapped his fingers and took Izzy somewhere safer. The last thing I remembered about that day was being carried bridal style in Magnus's arms.

I wish I could still help you but there's nothing I really can do for you. I love you so much and I thought hurting myself and I was the best idea but I was wrong. If I had known what would happen after breaking up with you, I would never have. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Knowing I can't help you with what you're going through breaks my heart. You were -are- my everything and I can't lose you, I won't.

Magnus's POV
"Alec?" I asked as his eyes fluttered open. "Magnus? What happened?" Alec asked confused.
"You don't remember?"
"No, not really"
"One word: Taylor"
"Taylor can't be trusted. Taylor can't be trusted. Taylor can't be-"
"Alexander, what are you talking about?"
"My phone, where is it?"
"It's charging. I can go get it for-"
"No! My phone is now cursed. I can't-"
"Alexander?"
Alec was trembling when he said those words so I fetched his phone during his protests. Before I walked in there and gave it to Alec, I read his texts from Taylor which made me horrified.

You broke Magnus's heart. Now you must pay. Give me something special that someone close gave you or see your parabatai dead.

Izzy was kind enough to give me her virginity even though she was drunk due to me slipping something in her drink so she wouldn't resist me. Take the pill and come see me so I can enjoy our little party or Izzy gets more often.

Punching and kicking people are so fun especially if they're tied up. Bring your rope and come see me or I kill Jace's girlfriend.

"Magnus," Alec hissed making me jump. "I-" I started.
"Give me the phone"
"No"
"Don't be difficult. You've already read what you weren't supposed to find out!"
"Does anyone know this?!"
"Magnus-"
"Answer me, Alexander! And don't bother lying, I know you too well"
"No! Give me the phone!"
"Alexander, not until you tell me why you haven't told anyone!"
"Read the last text!"
I faltered before reading the last text dropping his phone in the process.

Tell anyone about these texts and I'll kill you

"Alexander-" I started. "There's nothing I can do!" Alec cried.
"Not if we get back together"
"Are you saying-"
"Yes. I might be able to protect you but I can't promise the texts will stop. If I did, I would be lying to you. If they continue, I don't have the power to make them stop"