I Just Want You To Be Happy

Magnus's POV
I sighed as I walked in the Institute watching two out of five prisoners fighting back due to the restraints. "Magnus Bane, Teresa won't stop fighting back. What should we do?" A guard asked. "Take her immediately to the headquarters," I replied. The guards nodded and walked away as well as the other two guards that was holding down Trent. "No!" A female voice screamed making me run to the library where the rest of the prisoners were most likely at. I smirked as I noticed my favorite prisoner, Alexander Gideon Lightwood, sitting on the couch by his sister. "Marley!" A female voice yelled. "You can't help her!" A guard spat pulling Marley out of the room and nodded at me before leaving to return to the headquarters. I sighed as I walked in searching for Jacob Edwards who was probably one of the best hiders just like Jace Wayland. I heard screaming as he ran right into one of the guards arms. "No!" He screamed trying to fight back. I glanced at Alec before seeing a guard running up to him to seize him. "Stop!" I yelled grabbing the guards and Alec's attention. Alec didn't even flinch when he noticed me walking up to him. I smirked offering my hand when I was right in front of him. I was expecting Alec to run or fight but instead took it. His sister screamed trying to pull Alec away from me. "Izzy, stop!" Alec yelled. A guard ran up behind Izzy ready to strike. "Don't!" I demanded. "But sir-" the guard spoke.
"No one gets hurt"
"Of course"
"Sir, we're taking Jacob back to the headquarters," a guard said glancing my direction. "Be careful. I'll be there late," I answered.
"We will"
"Shall we, my Alexander?" I smirked. "We shall," Alec answered allowing me to guide him to my car.
"You were the only one who didn't fight back. Why?"
Alec sighed before speaking. "I knew there was no point of fighting back. If someone fought back, they would be punished," Alec answered. "But you knew I would never hurt you so why not do it?" I asked, removing a strand of hair from his eyes.
"I have trust issues so I didn't know you would keep your word"
"I will always keep my word for you. It'll take time but you'll eventually trust me"
"I don't know if I ever will"
"You will"
Alec looked at me forming a small smile on his lips giving me the opportunity to kiss him. He was shocked at first but eventually gave in wrapping his arms around me. I smiled in the kiss before pulling away. "Now do you believe me?" I asked. "I'm getting there," Alec whispered breathlessly.
"Take your time, darling"
Alec blushed making me smirk.

Alec's POV
I sighed as I rolled over on my bed trying to get comfortable. To be honest, I felt like royalty since I was the only prisoner to actually stay in a bedroom instead of a cell but I was closer to Magnus and I certainly wasn't complaining. "Alexander?" A voice asked waking me up. I sat up to see Magnus with concern in his eyes. "Magnus, what's wrong?" I asked.
"Are you comfortable?"
"Do you want me to lie or be honest?"
"Honest obviously"
"No"
"You should be comfortable"
I froze as Magnus opened the door offering his hand when he was in front of him. I grabbed it and was guided to another bedroom that probably was Magnus's. "You take the bed, I'll take the couch," Magnus smiled as he sat on the couch. "I don't want you to be uncomfortable," I answered.
"Alexander, I'm fine. The couch is almost as comfy as the bed. Besides, I believe you should be the most comfortable"
"Can you call me Alec, not Alexander?"
"Alexander, you don't really like to be called by your first name, do you?"
"If I get called Alexander, I'm usually in trouble"
"Oh, Alec"
I sighed as I laid down on the bed not bothering to go under the covers. "I take it back. You can call me Alexander. You say Alec like I'm in trouble, not the other way around," I spoke tiredly making Magnus laugh. "Alexander, it is then. Now go to sleep. We have a lot of plans tomorrow," Magnus answered between laughs making me smile in my sleep.
"Good night, Mags"
"Good night, darling"

Magnus's POV
"Alexander," I whispered shaking him gently to try to wake him up. "Hmm?" Alec mumbled tiredly making me chuckle.
"Sleep for a few minutes longer. I'll be back with breakfast"
Alec smiled in his sleep before kissing my forehead making me surprised. I smiled as I walked out to the kitchen.

Time skip

Alec's POV
I yawned sitting up in my bed just in time to see Magnus carrying a tray full of food making my stomach growl. "Good thing I made breakfast when I could," Magnus chuckled laying the tray in front of me. In about 5-10 minutes, the food was gone making Magnus smile. "I picked out your clothes. Take a quick shower and we'll be off on our little adventure," Magnus spoke kissing my cheek before grabbing the tray and walked out closing the door behind him. I sighed as I hurried to the bathroom. After 25 minutes, I was dressed and ready to go.

Time skip

Magnus's POV
"No, you can't have Jacob," I spoke through my phone. I sighed and slammed my phone frustratingly on the counter before rushing to my bedroom. Alec was on the couch reading some book before finally noticing my presence. "Magnus?" He asked confused. "We're going out. Wear something nice," I sighed.
"What's going on?"
"Alexander, no questions please. I'm very frustrated right now and I just need to leave before I do anything stupid"
Alec opened his mouth to say something but closed it and nodded instead as he randomly picked out a suit and ran to the bathroom. I grabbed my velvet suit and quickly put it on but somehow Alec still managed to witness me shirtless. "You know you look better without a shirt," Alec smirked making me roll my eyes. "Is that your way of trying to flirt? Because that's so last season," I joked.
"Stop it!"
"Alexander, I'm curious. Are we together or not?"
Alec just stared at me. "Magnus of course we're together," he replied before kissing my lips. "Is this your first relationship?" I whispered pushing him gently on the couch.
"Yeah"
"And do you like it?"
"Of course"
I smirked as I pulled away. "Maybe tonight we can take the next step. If you're ready of course," I whispered ending with a wink. "If you mean cuddling, I'm definitely ready," Alec teased making me smile.
"That's exactly what I was talking about"
"What?"
"Wait, you thought-"
"Yeah"
"Alexander-"
"Fine. I just wanted my first time with you. Guess you don't want it"
"I didn't mean-"
"It's fine, Magnus! Let's just go!"