Someone New

Eric's POV
I sighed as I opened the door to reveal the high warlock. "Eric?" Magnus asked, confused. "Magnus! What are you doing at the Institute?!" I half whispered half yelled.
"That's not... important. Anyway, I thought I could join the shadowhunters for dinner. What are you doing here?"
"I'm engaged and our wedding is next week"
"Congrats..."
Maryse came up to me and allowed Magnus to enter.

Magnus's POV
The Institute didn't really look different than the last time I've been here. To be honest, I'm really here to get back together with Alexander. Jace and Izzy gave me glances as I walked in the kitchen sitting down next to Robert who smiled at my presence. Eric sighed sitting down next to Jace and Izzy. "So, Magnus, what do you most desire to come here?" Robert asked. "Make Alec mine again," I replied causing Izzy to leave.

Alec's POV
"The weddings next week, remember. Yes, I'm happy but not truly," I spoke through the phone sadly before hanging up. "Alec?" Izzy asked while walking in. "What is it, Iz?" I asked.
"Dinners almost ready and um Magnus is joining us"
"Magnus? What is he even doing here?"
"Alec, he wants to make you his"
I froze falling to my knees. Five years ago, he broke up with me and ignored me. Now he wants to get back together? He waited this long and I'm literally about to be married. "Alec?" Eric asked. "I love you, know that but I can't marry you. I won't be truly happy if I do, I'm sorry," I cried.
"It's okay, Alec. I want you to be truly happy"

Jace's POV
"Clary's pregnant," I blurted out making Clary smile. "Congratulations," Simon replied. "I never thought it would actually happen," Alec said walking in and sat next to me. Eric smiled as he sat between Clary and Simon. "I know!" I exclaimed glaring at my parabatai. "Hey! I'm pregnant as well," Izzy exclaimed tapping her fingers on the table. "Oh, our happy family. With the wedding next week-" Maryse started. "What wedding?" Magnus asked.
"Alec's getting married to Eric!"
"About that," Alec stated. "Alec called it off," Eric explained making everyone but Magnus gasp. Magnus just smiled to himself. "What?!" Maryse exclaimed, confused. "But you love Eric!" Clary yelled. I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but-" Alec started before an explosion echoed through the room. "That explosion was in London! How the hell did we hear it?!" Eric exclaimed. "It was a message, Eric," Magnus explained rolling his eyes.
"For what?"
"This Institute is next"
"Wait, that explosion was at the London Institute?" Izzy asked. "We wouldn't hear it if it wasn't," Magnus explained. "It can't hurt them," Robert said suddenly.
"Explosions kill mortals, last time I checked"
Maryse frowned glancing at Alec who was watching his true love. "Alec, Isabelle, Jace, and Clary are immortal now. They have a pendant that protects them from explosions or anything death related," Maryse explained. "How did this happen? And Alec, if you keep watching me, I might just have to punish you," Magnus smirked making Alec blush. At least I know they're getting back together now. Maryse and Robert looked horrified making everyone else laugh. "What?" Robert asked, confused. "I would tell you but I don't want to make Alec embarrassed," Magnus smirked. "You loved making me embarrassed!" Alec exclaimed.
"Because I love you, darling"
"I love you too"
"Then why are you so far away?"
"One, you're most likely going to do something sexual. Two, we're at dinner and I'm pretty sure everyone would rather eat than see us. Three, my parents are here"
"You know me too well"

Alec's POV
I sighed as I watched Eric leaving the Institute before strong hands wrapped around my waist making me relax. "I knew you'd choose me," Magnus whispered before kissing me softly on the lips. "I'll always choose you," I whispered.