Justin

I really can't believe what I just heard. Why wouldn't Edan want to tell me about that? Everything is going to harder now if she hates me... But why is she so secluded from me? That's possibly my worst pet peeve. Being ignored from someone, who I like so much by the way, to just... Be gone. Hate me as if I have ruined their lives... Which I kind of did.

I enter back into the building, and walk up to the front desk. A big chunk of the front has been torn off, and I feel guilty all over again.

I straighten my back, taking a deep breath as I walk to the receptionist. However, I don't meet her eyes. I don't want to see the distressed look on her face, knowing that she'll have to clean up soon... All because of a necklace I gave to a lady who doesn't deserve the pain.

"Infirmary?" I ask softly, clearing my throat when I realize I'm showing signs of nervousness.

Of course I am. I have nothing else on my mind, except the fact that I ruined everything. 

The receptionist hesitates, pushing her square like glasses up on her nose.

"Level 6," she replies sternly and I jog to the elevator without another word, wiping my sweaty palms against my pants.

Geez, I have to pull myself together.

A few moments later, I'm on infirmary floor. Everything looks the same as any other hallway. Dark, and filled with the walls of metal. Wooden doors line up against the surfaces, and have names posted on them.

That must be the names of the people that are staying there. All I have to do is find Edan, easy as that... If I don't blow up this hallway from my nerves first.

I walk down the hallway, looking at each name carefully.

Soon I find her name, printed in italics, and blue font.

I look through the square window, finding Edan possibly sleeping peacefully in the hospital bed. With Devin and Jenny speaking nervously to each other beside her.

I look closer through the window, finding Edan to be wearing an oxygen mask, and looking a little pale. My nerves shoot suddenly, and I run through, trying to be as quiet as possible.

Jenny and Devin flinch from where their standing, looking at me with fear in their eyes and I finally get a smell from the room... Metallic... Blood.

I stare at Edan, looking pale and slowly back to the scientists.

"What-?"

"Justin, I need you to leave," Jenny commands sternly and I feel myself collapsing mentally.

What's wrong with her? Why do I smell blood? She didn't have any blood on her from Passion's fight... If it was a scratch it wouldn't be this strong.

I feel myself hyperventilating as the worst-case scenarios come into my head.

"Edan? Edan please answer me," I think to her but she doesn't move.

She doesn't even open her eyes. She's eerily still. So still I can see her chest rising and falling. In bursts. Like it's a struggle.

I feel Jenny and Devin's hands on my shoulders.

"Justin, we need to leave."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong with my partner!" I shout suddenly and they begin to lightly push me outside.

"Alright, ok. Be calm and stay calm... We'll tell you... If you're sure you really want to know," Devin whispers, stopping to stare at me cold in the eyes.