Gema

Stupid scientists and their stupid jokes and secrets. Who do they think I am?! A prodigy?!

"Oh great! We're back in here again!" I yell sarcastically, as Diamond walks behind me looking like a scared cat.

I glance around the tiled room as I quake in anger.

I hear the door shut behind me and I take deep breaths, trying to calm myself down before I hurt somebody.

"What do you think is going to happen? Is something going to happen?" Diamond asks me, looking around the room.

I shrug with a bored expression.

"They said we're going to be working on our powers... We're probably going to have to fight some dummies or something..." I respond, watching as Diamond moves her arms in karate motions.

"I'll be ready for them... I think."

I smile. She totally won't be ready for them.

"Of course," I mumble, glancing around the lighted room yet again with my ears and eyes on high alert. 

"So... Where are they then?" Diamond asks after another few moments.

I shrug again, now getting frustrated.

"This is so frustrating!"

"Hey, calm down! It's not something is going to come down the wall in slow motion, and make us shocked or-"

We soon hear a noise, and Diamond stops in mid-sentence. I slowly glance towards the back wall and see a television beginning to slide down the tiled surface.

I turn towards Diamond and slap her arm lightly.

"You jinxed it!"

Diamond stares at the television, gapping and not knowing what else to say.

It stops moving and after another few moments of antagonizing tension, it turns on. And Diamond freaks.

"Paranormal activity!" She yells, covering her eyes and falling to the floor.

I sigh.

"It's not a ghost! It's obviously the scientists!"

Diamond uncovers her eyes.

"Oh yeah... I knew that... I think."

I roll my eyes again and face the television as a boy shows up on the screen. He has crazy hair, pale skin, and brown eyes. I tilt my head with another bored expression. Really?

"Are you serious? What is this about?" Diamond asks, walking up to my side.

"I don't know, let's watch," I answer irritatingly, turning to the television again and clenching my fists.

Alright robot looking scientist that I've come to hate in literally three seconds, what do you have to offer us?

"Hello, I'm scientist Camron. I'm going to be your instructor for practicing your powers day one."

I'm immediately creeped out. Is this a guy a robot or...?

"Now remember, I'm a recording so I can't hear what you're saying. But I'm controlled to know when to move on to the next step."

Like I'm going to believe that.

"You only have one power to achieve, so this should be quick and easy. You have been told that you have the power to stretch has far as the eye can see which honestly, doesn't take that much energy," Camron starts as two dummies appear on the floor.

"Aha! Told you...! I believe..." Diamond blurts making me flinch.

I slowly glance at her, seeing her face pale and hands shaking, earning yet another expression from me. I'm pretty sure I'm the one that told her that.

"Please stand on the two X's," Camron demands and I give a sigh, stubbornly walking over to it.

"Now in order to activate your powers, just think about what you want a certain body part to do, and it will most likely do it."

"I don't think we're getting out of this until we do it," Diamond whispers, swaying her arms and staring at them intently.

Her arms begin to grow, and she smiles.

"You should do it too!"

I stare at the dummy. More than anything, I want to get out of this. But using these powers might have a dramatic effect on me... And I don't really want to find out what that effect might be.

I think about my arms growing, and they immediately start to feel numb. I glance down to see my arms hitting the floor and circling on top of each other. I stare down at them, gulping and forcing my eyes to look away.

"Very good, now to stop those from growing simply say 'stop'."

I hesitate, not knowing what to do... Well I did, but for some reason I'm too afraid to do so...

I shake my head. My name is Gema. I'm not afraid of anything. Especially when it's about getting to probably see my friends after as a reward.

"Stop," I demand and to my relief they stop growing, and I quickly get the feel back into them.

"Now try to direct your swing of your arms; to the dummy," Cameron says as I watch Diamond try to lift up her hands, but doesn't do a very good job.

Her face strains and her breath hitches.

"Ugh! There so heavy!" she whines, and I try to do the same.

She's right. They feel like if they're made out of metal.

"If you're having trouble lifting them, try swinging your arms back and forth. They will soon gain momentum but the more practice you have, the less heavy they will become."

I groan. Saying the word "practice" makes everything seem more complicated.

With yet another sigh, I start to swing my arms back and forth and start to get the momentum. They start to lift in the air and I smile, trying my best not to smack Diamond clean on the face.

"Direct your aim to the dummy."

Diamond and I swing our arms, and they clash into the dummies, making them fly into the air.

My hand erupts in pain, but I'm too excited to give much attention to it.
My adrenaline completely fills my brain and whatever doubts I was facing before this disappear. I feel powerful!

"Very good. Now to make your arms back to normal, say 'shrink'."

"Shrink," we say in unison and our arms slowly make their way back to normal.

He's right... Quick and easy... For the most part.

Diamond and I share a look. We both know that this means. If we have to practice this much the problem that we're going to have must be a really big one.

I hear the door open behind us, and I flinch. The scientists come into my vision, but so do Edan and Justin. They lay sprawled on the floor with their eyes closed. That can't be good.

"Uh... What happened?" I ask nervously.

Jenny looks behind her at the scene.

"Oh! Their just at a loss of energy," she replies smiling.

I force myself not to pound my fists into her face at the smile she gives then.

"Oh ok, then I'll just..."
I get cut off, when I feel like I can't stand anymore.

My arms go numb, and my legs follow and my vision meets the floor.