Chapter 34

We hear the elevator door open, and Justin and I spring apart. We look towards the elevator, and see Devin and Jenny. Jenny doesn't have her goggles on, which makes me gasp internally. Jenny's eyes are lightning blue. Her dress is pink at the top, and the skirt falls to the floor in a black tone. All these color choices make her eyes and pink hair stand out.

Jenny has her arm looped through Devin's and they look around like they have never been here before.

"Did you know Jenny had blue eyes?" I ask as Justin shakes his head, shock running through his eyes.

"I think I like her better this way."

"Do you suppose their... Together?"

"Together?"

"You know what I mean," he whispers sharply and I smile.

"Who knows...? Probably. I never thought of it."

"Let's go see them," he blurts, grabbing my arm and taking me over to the scientists.

"Hey guys!" I yell, faking a happy tone. My body runs cold at the sight of them, but I have to at least be respectful.

The scientists turn to us and grin.

"Hello Edan, Justin," Jenny mumbles nodding respectively at him who waves awkwardly.

"Having fun? This is the best floor in the building," Devin questions and I nod.

"This place is great! I'm turning out to like it here."

Justin gives me a surprised look.

"Really, I am..." My voice falters and I think about it for a moment, my mind trailing to my recent thoughts and I find myself disagreeing.

"Nope, I'm still scared but I'm liking it," I correct.

"Tomorrow you'll be using your powers in training... Getting ready for the big thing."

My smile wavers.

"What is it exactly?"

"Something tells me, you'll find out," Devin answers and I keep in another groan, nodding instead.

The scientists love their secrets, and I think they know they have way too many.

"Great dress," I state, trying to change the subject.

Jenny looks down and smiles again.

"Oh thank you. I bought it yesterday."

I give another confused look along with Justin and she snaps her fingers.

"On your phones, there should be a map of the entire mountain. There should be a store somewhere around there."

"Have you guys danced yet?" Devin asks and Justin and I glance at each other with a smile.

"Yes," Justin replies shortly and Devin sighs, looking up at the ceiling.

"Glorious dance floor isn't it?"

I nod again awkwardly, looking at Jenny.

"I didn't know you had blue eyes. Why hide them behind goggles? Their beautiful," I question.

Jenny blushes at the compliment, and Devin answers for her, "She doesn't like showing them on a daily basis, but I don't know why. They are beautiful."

Jenny looks down at the floor.

"Yep, there in love," I think to Justin who just smiles again, deciding not to say anything.

I yawn, covering my mouth.

"Don't tell me you're tired already?!" Justin questions and I shrug in response.

"I don't know I had a long day."

Justin glances at his watch.

"Well... It is 11:00pm," he mumbles and I make a face.

"Already? I must be having a good time."

Smiles gather all around me.

"We were going to stay for another hour, we thought you guys would down by the pool," Jenny states.

"Why? So you could be alone?" I ask them to which Jenny tilts her head with another grin.

"Yes," she answers sternly.

"Ok then..."

Justin laughs behind his hand and I poke him hard him the rib with my elbow.

I yawn again.

"You should get to bed, who knows what could happen if you don't get your sleep," Justin suggests making the scientists nod vigorously.

I smile with the roll of my eyes.

"Alright fine."

"Well you should get going, I'll tell the others. Goodnight kids," Devin whispers and we all say goodbye as Justin and I walk to the elevator.