Chapter 31

I'm guessing my eyes have turned back to brown, sense after another tense moment, the water shudders and hits the ground.

"Elements?!" I yell, my voice cracking.

They never did tell me that was my power!

Everything now makes so much sense... Fire, water, air, the ice... Everything that has changed about me was because of these powers... I need to know more.

Suddenly, I'm not feeling so sick anymore. My muscles feel much stronger, except for a slight ache. My throat burns when I talk, but I'm just glad the dizziness and nausea has worn off.

"Tell us now!" I demand sternly.

"Come take a seat," Jenny mumbles with a sigh.

Justin helps me up and I walk cautiously over to the desk, Jada handing me my backpack hesitantly.

Elements... The question on the test we had to take... The pill... They must have generated a pill that can make whatever power you want... Based on the questions you answered...

I take a seat, looking around at the nervous looks of my friends. They must've had different questions... Except their partners must've had the same questions so they could pick the same answers! That's why Justin has the same powers as I do... He has the same thinking process.

I glance over at Justin, who is bouncing his foot on the ground with a stern look on his face. He must be going through the same stress levels as I am.

Suddenly, I think I trust Justin more than ever now. God, I've been a pain to him...

"Alright, so you know why your eyes change color. But just too clear things up, it's based on your emotions. Anger equals fire, water equals sadness, air equals worry, and ice equals nervousness," Devin begins as I listen carefully, taking out my crushed journal and quickly beginning to write everything down.

"So what about everybody who's powers aren't the elements? Are our powers based off emotions too?" Emily asks them.

"No, your powers happen randomly. Your eye color changes when you least expect it."

"But I thought- "

"No," he interrupts.

Emily makes a face, but holds her tongue.

"Let's get to the technology before we get into the powers," Jenny suggests and I look up at her.

"Technology? What about it?"

"Don't tell me that you thought the television in your rooms were only for looking at."

"Um... Duh," Emily snaps, making the scientists smile.

"You can communicate with them," Jenny whispers, and my eyes widen.

Yes, the television idea seems to be rather stupid, I mean... When is it the right time to communicate by television? Never. But supposedly, being a scientist means that you have to take drastic and completely stupid measures to make sure the people and students that are living here, know that this place is high tech... Yes, I'm being completely sarcastic yet again.

"What? Like... For calling people?" I ask, squinting my eyes.

"No, it's mostly like the app you communicate with... How do you say it in your world? FaceTime?"

We all look at each other, shocked about how that works.

"So how it works is, on the remote that you have there is a little button with a telephone on it. You click it, and a range of people all over the mountain come up. If you're looking for a specific person, there is a search box in the corner, and to answer calls you just click the telephone button too," Jenny states proudly and I force myself not to roll my eyes.