Jada

We walk into the tan tiled room that I never miss. I swear the walls are closing in more and more every time I come in here. What is it with this place and making me feel so nauseous? It's as if the room as come alive, and its soul job is to make us feel entirely exposed. God, I hate this room so much. I just want to punch to wall to see if it's able to feel any pain.

I look around in disgust. How many times have I been in here now? 20? 10? 2,500?

"I hate this room," I spit randomly, causing Austin to huff behind me.

"Me too," he agrees as we stand there for a few moments.

I tap my foot impatiently, looking around and feeling every hair on my body standing on edge.

"When is something going to happen?" I ask, ringing my hands.

I swear if these scientists don't start something soon, I'm going to-

"I don't know... It's making me nervous..." He mumbles, taking my hand.

I still for a moment, trying not to make it easier to tell that I'm nervous for a now totally different reason, and we hear some sort of zing.

We both flinch and I grab my chest.

"I wouldn't be surprised if I had a heart attack right now."

Austin chuckles, not meeting my eyes as his search all around my face. When I look back up to the back wall, I see a television sliding down from the ceiling. I tilt my head, trying to view it at a different angle.

"How is that possible...?" I mumble.

"I'm totally confused..." Austin mumbles after me, his eyes tearing away from me as he faces the television.

I flinch yet again when a girl with black straight hair, brown eyes and tan skin appears on the screen.

"Hello, I'm scientist Michelle. I'm going to be your instructor for power training day one," her monotone voice sends shivers down my spine.

Like everything else I hear in this damned building.

"Now remember, I'm a recording so I can't hear what you'll be saying. But I'm controlled to know when to move onto the next step."

I can hear Austin sigh in relief.

"Ok, she can't hear us, great."

I don't match his level of relief. Something doesn't seem right about this woman. I feel as if I have to keep my mouth shut, even if she told us we could do otherwise.

"You have only two powers to work on, so this will be easy, and well out of your way," Michelle starts.

"Let's first work on your flying technique. Please stand in one of the corners of the room."

I stare for a moment longer Austin's hand on my arm brings me out of the daze and we walk to the low left corner right by the door.

For a second, it seems like nothing's going to happen, until the ground starts to shake. I get so thrown off by it I yelp loudly.

I wrap my arms around Austin's waist, and he wraps his arms around my shoulders. My teeth begin to chatter with the rumbling under my feet as I chastise myself. With my luck, I know I shouldn't be hoping for something simple.

"What's going on?!" I yell shakily and Austin doesn't respond.

His eyes are wide as he stares at the floor, eyes moving to see if we're in any kind of danger... Which I wouldn't be to shocked about.