Emily

We both slowly enter the room filled with the disgusting tan tiles that everyone loves so much and Jenny closes the doors behind us.

"I really don't like this room," Luke mutters.

"Who does?"

I glance around the room, anger slowly crawling its way through me.

"And who knew that we would be tortured here? I hate these scientists."

Luke shifts from foot to foot.

"Hate is a strong word."

"That's why I used it."

Luke sighs, giving up.

I was going to mess with him even more, until we hear some sort of noise and my ears seem to pop. A television starts to make its way down from the ceiling. Luke and I watch it in shock as our heads move down with it. I would've ran straight out of the room if the doors weren't locked.

A few seconds later, the television switches on and a girl appears on screen.

"Oh heck no," I say turning around towards the door.

I can just burn the locked door down.

Luke grabs my arm, wrenching me back.

"The door is locked, you have nowhere to go," he says as he eyes the girl on the screen hesitantly.

Yeah, no kidding...

I frown lightly at the thought of leaving him here... Even if I could burn the door down myself.

I hesitantly turn back around, looking at the girls features. Red hair, green eyes, and freckles.

"Is she a nerd?"

"Shh!" Luke pleads.

"Hello, I'm scientist Ally. I will be guide into mastering powers day one."

Yep, she creeps me out.

"Now remember, I am a recording. So I can't hear what you're saying, but I am controlled to know when to move on to the next step."

I look at Luke with a skeptical face, and he shrugs back to me. I turn back to the women, a glare on my face. Is she even real?

"You have been told that your powers are lava, and you can go through objects. The first one we will work on is Lava," Ally states just when two dummies appear on the ground.

"Please stand on the X's."

With a glance at Luke, we both stand on the X.

"Your tests won't run very long. You only have 2 powers; in which you will have more energy to store... Unlike Earth elements, you will most likely have enough energy to keep."

I give Luke a slightly panicked look.

"Edan and Justin," I think and Luke nods besides me.

"First, I want you to put your hands out in front of you," Ally commands and I hesitate, before doing what the creepy "Robot" asks of me.

"Now say the command word 'shoot'."

I look at Luke again, unsure if I should do that. He gives me a worried look back and I get a tad bit annoyed at the use of words. Granted, I don't want to say anything that I will regret... The last time that happened Edan all of sudden began to scream bloody murder...

I feel a shiver run down my spine as I close my eyes for a moment. I still feel bad about what I said in the bathroom. Obviously, whatever is getting to her reaches her breaking point when anybody tries to get it out of her.