Chapter 22

"Edan. Edan wake up," I hear Justin say and I open my eyes slowly.

I see Justin looking down at me and I smile.

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"About an hour."

"Did anyone die?"

He shakes his head, smiling. I stretch and sit up slowly.

"I had no dreams," I blurt, making Justin laugh.

"Thanks for telling me."

I shrug and for what feels like the first time, I feel finally relaxed.

"You know we are all right here right?" I hear Emily ask loudly and I ignore her.

"You guys should get some rest. Its 8:00 p.m., get some sleep," Jenny demands and I stand up.

"When is the ice dropper stuff going to come off?" Jada asks sharply, scratching at her eyes again.

"When we say it is. We control it," Devin responds with a roll of his eyes.

Without anyone asking any questions, we exit the room.

We all head into the elevator in silence, all of us seeming to drag our feet.

"I'm so tired! I had to fight a Tiger!" Gema yells.

"Same," Diamond groans.

"Well, I had to fight a wolf," I protest and Justin nods, his head leaning against the elevator wall with his eyes closed.

"A husky," Lizeth and Mike say together.

"German Shepherd," Emily adds and Luke groans along with knocking his head on the elevator door multiple times.

"Jaguar!" Jada states happily and Austin rolls his eyes with a nod.

"A large Guinea Pig!" Nayeli blurts.

We're silent for a moment, looking at her with large eyes before bursting into laughs.

The elevator hits our floor, and we all say goodbye to the boys that walk down the opposite hallway.

The girls and I all walk down our hallway with me about fall to the ground, still overly tired. I reach my door, saying by to the girls and type in my code. I stumble through the doorway, shutting the door behind me and sliding down slowly. I groan, knowing I will be sore tomorrow.

I get back up and change into sweatpants and a t-shirt. I hop into bed, but for some reason, I can't go to sleep. I toss and turn on my fluffy mattress, finally turning on my back to stare at the ceiling.

I can't believe how many times I almost died today. I can't believe I even survived today. I almost got eaten by a constellation. How did they even make that...? How long did it take? I groan loudly as my head pounds yet again.

I close my eyes for a moment, pulling the pain away and smiling as remember the balcony.

"Justin?" I call.

There's silence for a full 30 seconds, then he finally answers.

"Yes?" He thinks back and I smile again.

"Did I wake you?"

"No."

"Can you sleep?"

"No."

"Why can't we?"

I can hear him laugh in the background.

"What?" I ask chuckling.

"So many questions!"

"Well I'm curious!"

"Aren't you a blue color?" He asks me, making me suspicious.

"How did you know that?"

"Well, I'm one too and you're my partner... I took a guess."

I think about that for a moment, and then face palm. I'm so stupid.

"Wow. I'm not sure whether I'm just sleep deprived, or that dumb," I mumble making him laugh again.

"I think you're just sleep deprived. You're a very smart person."

I stay silent for a moment.

"YOU ARE SMART!" Justin suddenly yells, making my head pound yet again.

"Ow," I say aloud.

"Well, you are," he finishes and I roll my eyes.

"Let's go swimming tomorrow, for our one-hour time."

"That... sounds awesome."

"Nice."