Gema

I wake up in a hospital bed and all throughout my body I feel sore. I shift around uncomfortably, looking to the right and seeing my partner Diamond. Her golden curls are at rest by her shoulders, and she looks peaceful as she sleeps... Or is she?

"Diamond? Diamond!" I yell at her, trying to get her to wake up.

She doesn't move, which makes me feel even more nervous. I don't understand how we got here, and I don't remember anything after that pill! Whatever those scientists did to me, it doesn't have a good effect.

"I hope she's ok," I think to myself.

"I am," someone says back, which makes me flinch.

"What the heck!"  I yell.

It takes me a moment to see that it sounds like Diamond's voice. Light and high-pitched.

"Diamond?"  I ask again, watching silently as she doesn't answer.

I cringe at the idea of trying to think to her again, sense I guess it worked the last time.

"Diamond?"  I try carefully.

"Yeah?"  She replies and I flinch again.

"Can you hear me?"

"Yes," she replies and I shiver.

She sounds weak and her voice grows faint.

"How can we do this?"  I ask her.

"I don't know... wait, yes I do... no... yes," she mumbles and I smile.

She's never been really sure of herself. She always doubts what she thinks.

"Well... How?"  I ask chuckling.

"The pill duh...! I think."

"Why aren't you waking up?"

"To weak."

"You sure about that?"  I tease, watching as she visually shifts.

"Not... funny," Diamond growls and I smile again, nodding my head, pleased with myself.

"I will wait until you wake up."

Minutes later, Diamond groans and I jerk my head to look at her. I was busy staring at the wall with boredom, basically ready to fling myself out the window, and thinking about all the possibilities that might happen when I reached the bottom. 

Her eyes flutter open, and she winces.

"Ow...," she says aloud, stretching and glancing at me.

"What now?"  She asks immediately and I shrug in response, not really sure how to answer the question.

"I guess we should try to stand up?"

Diamond groans again.

"Ugh... ok...."

"Ok... now!"  I say quickly. Diamond flinches at the sudden count as I fling myself out of the bed.

Diamond laughs, standing on her own and I pick myself up again.

"Ow... Ouch! Ow, that hurts," I whine, rubbing my legs while Diamond nods.

We stand there for a second, trying to get the numbness away.

"Ok... Now what?"  Diamond asks again and I look around, trying to see if there are any clues.

"There should be notes somewhere... you know these scientists... always trying to be sneaky," I answer, a little annoyed by all the questions.

We start looking around the room.

"Hold up! Check the hallway!" Diamond suggests and I nod, jogging out of the room.

Ok... where would creepy, stalker scientists hide a note?

I look around and see a note taped on the wall by the door. Well... they may be sneaky, but they're not smart...

I smack my forehead.

Of course they're smart Gema! They're scientists!

I grab the note, still chastising myself as I run back inside the room.

"You found it!" Diamond states happily, jogging over to me.

We both read down the note in silence and confusion takes over Diamond's face.

"Go to the place this all started?" She questions and I glance at her to say a suggestion when the words disappear from my mouth.

I watch in confusion as her irises turn multi-colored, and her arms start randomly growing... fast transition.

"Uh... Diamond...?" I ask cautiously.

"What?"

"There is something wrong with your arms...."

She looks down with a gasp. Her arms are growing so long, they start circling on top of each other on the floor... she was bound to scream in pain at some point. This doesn't make any sense.

"Yours too!" Diamond yells, jarring me out of my thoughts.

I look down, and it turns out my arms are doing the same thing. I should've been surprised, but really, I'm just highly annoyed.

I huff, rolling my eyes irritatingly.

"How do we get them to stop?! We are bound to lose skin at some point!"  Diamond yells worriedly.

I look at her as my mind tumbles through any suggestions that I try to find... But I have nothing.

"I don't know! I think it's the pill, its changing our eye color too! Yours are multi-colored, what are mine?"  I ask.

"Rainbow," she responds, biting her lip nervously.

To my relief, her eyes go back to her blue ones and her arms stop growing.

"They stopped."

She visually relaxes as her arms retreat, crawling back into her making them normal again. I smile when mine do the same thing and flinch at the sound of Diamond's growl.

"I think we need to have a talk with the scientists."

Oh yes we did.

"Yes, then I will punch them," I agree with her, a sly smile playing on my lips.

Then together, we stomp out.