Chapter 33

The party starts at 8:00pm, and I have no idea what to wear. I have so many black dresses, it's hard to choose... I wish they would've put at least a little bit of color, but I guess not.

With a groan, I choose the first one on the rack. It has a white strap top, and black lace over it. The skirt is pretty short, but it's draped over with a black see-through type of fabric, going all the way down to the floor. I smile so hard it hurt, this is so exciting.

I quickly change and look at myself in the mirror. I smile and twirl, thinking about how all of this isn't a dream. I would love to see the look on my parent's faces...

I stop twirling, staring at myself in the mirror. My parents...

It doesn't take me long to realize how much I miss them. What are they doing? How are they? Are they even ok? Alive?

Questions blast through my head and it pounds again. My thoughts drift off to everything that has been happening to me recently, and how lucky I've gotten.

Why would so many good things be happening to me? With my luck, I should have died by now...

What a magnificent thought.

I shake my head, trying to stay clear of those thoughts and walk into the bathroom, quickly curling my hair. I slide on some black sandals, and then hear a frantic knock at the door.

I jog over to it, and open it to see Lizeth. I gasp at her dress. Lizeth has a huge smile on her face, and is bouncing a little.

"You look on point!" She yells and I smile back at her use of language.

That's the first time she's used that reference ever sense the... Choosing.

"So do you. And this party has done a number on you. You haven't used that reference in forever," I reply, my voice throwing out calmness.

That's definitely not the way I feel inside.

Lizeth is wearing a dress that trails all the way down to the floor. It's green at the top, then on the way down it starts to turn purple. She also wears scandals as her shoes, curled her hair and throwing it to the side. I've never seen her like this before...

I almost feel a little disappointed that i get to see her like this on this circumstance. We shouldn't be partying and being happy when we're on basically death row every second because of these scientists.

My head pounds.

"Yeah... I'm pretty excited," she mumbles, tapping her foot nervously.

I tilt my head, my face scrunching.

"I think its best if you came in, I think you're sick or something..." I joke, side stepping out of the way.

She walks in happily.

"I'm so excited, you have no idea!" She yells once I close the door.

She looks around the room, then cups her hands around her mouth.

"I hear you finally came to your senses, and figured out you like somebody!" She whispers, and I roll my eyes.

"Yep..." I mumble, not wanting to go onto this topic.

Once again, the pit of my stomach lurches at the thought of love. I can't stand it.

"You look so beautiful; why wouldn't he like you?"

I force a chuckle, looking at anything but her face.

"What about Mike?" I ask, earning a shrug from her.