Chapter 36

I walk down the hallway to the elevator. My mind is in heaps, and my palms are sweating. I hate when I'm this nervous. I swear I get more nervous every day.

I press the up button and wait. I don't know what I'm going to be learning today... Well, yes I did... Gosh, what's wrong with me?! I don't think I've been ever this nervous!

I look down the hall to see no elements or Justin. I think I might actually have my power under control...

I sigh and I try to relax myself.

The door opens, and I walk inside. I press the button to the classrooms, and wait again. Yesterday was extremely weird; I don't think I've ever been that close to Justin before... Wow I'm nervous!

I take a deep breath, and continue to try and settle myself.

I make it to the floor with my head pounding uncomfortably, and I walk out of the elevator. I walk down the metal hallways as children run past me, laughing and chasing each other.

I open the door to my classroom, and only find my friends with Mike and Luke.

"Where's everybody else?" I ask them.

"Diamond and Scarlet are still getting ready," Nayeli answers.

"Justin and Austin said they had something to do," Mike finishes and my heart races for some reason, and I hope I won't have a heart attack right then and there.

"Are we all waiting for them?" I ask, walking towards my desk and sitting down.

The scientists nod over by the front corner. They have their heads buried in their computers.

I hear the doors open, and we all turn our heads. Justin and everybody else comes piling in.

"Finally!" I yell and Justin rolls his eyes, setting his bag down on the table.

I stand up, walking over to him.

"Do you still want to practice?" I whisper.

"Practice what?"

I slap his arm, and he chuckles.

"Of course."

I look at the bag that was set on the table.

"What's the gift?! Give me a hint!" I plead, making him smile.

"Nope," He says as I give him a sad look.

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?" I ask, inching closer.

"Tempting, but no," he protests, poking my nose.

I sigh crossing my arms.

"You drive a hard bargain."

He smiles with a nod, digging through his backpack.

"Ok, let's do roll-call," Devin blurts, turning in his chair to look at us.

"Roll-call? We do that now?" Diamond asks him and Devin gives a small smile.

"Nope, just wanted to say it," he responds, making everybody roll their eyes.

Jenny also turns in her chair and I see that she isn't wearing her goggles today. I nod at her respectively, and she smiles back.

"We will be practicing your powers today!" Devin begins excitedly.

"So... We have to go to that... Memory... Pill room?" Gema questions.

"Let's just go with 'The Power Chamber' for short," Jenny suggests.

"What's the long way?" Luke asks and the scientists stare.

"Too long to say," Devin responds flatly.

"Ok..."

We all start to file out of the room, and head for the elevators. My head pounds the closer we get and I frown uncomfortably, not impressed by the recurring pains. When will they stop? Will they ever stop?

I can't really imagine myself living the rest of my life with these head pains. They kill me sometimes, and other times they're just plain annoying.

We make it to The Power Chamber, and we all gather around the scientists.

"Ok, so partners will go into the same room with this one," Devin demands and we all nod, choosing our rooms.

We all open the doors, and walk slowly into them. I meet myself with the tan tiles that I missed so much.

"I'm nervous," I think to Justin.

"Me too."

The scientists, lock the doors behind us and I shiver.

"What do you think is going to happen?" I ask aloud.

"Dummies maybe?"

Before we can question things even further, we hear a noise. We both freeze, and I glance at the back wall. There's a gigantic television sliding down from the top of the room. Justin and I watch in shocked silence.

When it stops it quickly switches on, and I flinch. A young woman shows up on the screen. She has brown eyes and blonde hair that's pulled into a bun. She also has glasses and a lab coat.

"Well... This is new."