Edan

I wake up, and I find myself still on the floor of the practice room. I look around and find Justin still asleep a few feet away from me.

All I remember is passing out from exhaustion after training. But now I feel more energized... I can't decide if that's good or not. I never can deicide anything these days.

"Glad you're up," I hear a voice say.

I flinch and find Devin sitting in one of the chairs next to me.

I squint my eyes in confusion.

"What happened?"

"You passed out, along with your other friends," he states nodding towards the door.

"They're all in their rooms asleep, so don't worry about them."

"Where's Jenny?" I ask, making him sigh.

"I think she's in her lab. She said she had to work on something very important."

"And she hasn't told you about it?"

He shakes his head, looking at the floor. I grow skeptical. It doesn't seem right for them not to be together.

"You don't even feel... A little bit weird about that?" I ask, earning a shake from his head again and a smile.

"You guys are so weird."

"We can't tell each other everything. We're supposed to be mysterious," Devin protests earning a glare from me.

Oh I definitely noticed.

"I hate that," I blurt laying my head back down on the floor.

"Of course. Everybody does, but we all have secrets. Even the ones we don't know about ourselves."

I give him a confusing look. I don't have the slightest idea about what that means.

"Why am I the brains, if I don't know anything?"

He looks at me for a moment.

"It's not just the brains. It's your amount of strategy. Your natural power will come in handy later on, I promise."

"Natural power?"

"The one that you've had before the pill. The one you've had ever sense you were born," He responds and I choose not to react as I stare up at the ceiling, feeling off.

"Everything will make sense later," he continues making me sigh.

"Why us?" I ask him and he hesitates, glancing down to me.

"I, to be completely honest don't know. I'm not the boss around here, and I'm not the one who makes the rules. I get an iPad of who I have to look for, find your heartbeat, and come get you."

"Because we're.... Magical."

"Well... Yeah, I guess."

"Well I can tell you now, there's nothing magical about me," I protest and he tilts his head.

"Oh surely you're magical. All of you. Like how not one of you has died yet."

I sit back up.

"When will they wake up?" I ask, completely ignoring that other comment.

"Well... I don't know... They might be in their rooms... Your partner will wake up right about- " Devin stops, when Justin jolts into sitting position.

"What happened!?" He yells, making my yelp.

"Geez Justin! You scared me!" I yell, making him smile at me.

"I've been doing that a lot lately," he mumbles, looking around.

"Where is everybody?" He asks.

"In their rooms, almost all of them passed out after training," Devin responds and I slowly glance at him, finding that his face looks a little ashen.

I don't question it, but another question pops into my mind.

"I, to be completely honest, I don't know. I'm not the boss around here..."

That sentence replays over and over again in my head, making it pound lightly and my eyes squint.

Who is the boss of this establishment? Do they have something to do with these powers that we have?

Anger builds in me but I keep it down, choosing not to say anything as Justin nods.

"Oh, ok that makes sense," Justin whispers back glaring at Devin in the process, who smiles.

"You guys can go. I know you something planned."

I stand playing a smile on my face as the anger slowly begins to disappear, and start to walk backwards towards the door.

"We do don't we?" I sing lightly, making Justin blush and glare at me.

"Oh come on!" I beckon, running back towards Justin and grabbing his arm. We both jog to the elevator.