Chapter 57

Justin kneels down next to me and as soon as I see him, I start tearing up again. What's wrong with me? Now I am the crybaby? Why do I even care? That insult is just ridiculous.

"No. No you're not," Justin's voice rings through my head.

I glare at him as I blink rapidly, pain blasting through my chest. But I know I'm not tearing up because of that.

Devin picks me slowly, hesitating when I wince.
"She'll be in the infirmary if you need her," he says.

"Why? What's wrong with her?" Emily asks immediately, crossing her arms.

"Well... We don't know, we need to check of injuries. But emotions are going to feel as if they are attacking her body until they get settled in again... She needs lots of rest with few noises to diminish her concentration on getting better."

Emily stares at him, looking worried.

"Are you sure you're going to be ok, Edan?" Gema asks, coming up towards me.

I nod, looking up at the ceiling. I don't want to talk at all, fearing that I will bawl right at the moment, and it's all of a sudden very hard to breathe.

Jenny slowly kneels down, picking up the necklace from the floor.

"I hope you're going to dispose of that killer thing!" Devin yells angrily.

Jenny nods, looking crestfallen and guilty. Devin huffs, before turning on his heels and walking towards the infirmary.