You were in a car crash

Depuis le début

Getting my phone out, I kissed up her bare shoulder and neck to wake her up a little. I stopped kissing her when she hummed slightly and pressed play on my phone to video her.

"Babe wake up" I said softly.
"Babe" I said again nudging her and she turned her head but her eyes were still closed.

"Come on birthday girl wake up" I said a little louder than before.
A giggle escaped her lips and she opened her eyes.

"There's my beautiful girl" I said as she rolled over fully to look at me.

"Do you have to video me?" She asked covering her face.

"yes I do" I laughed.
"Come on birthday girl, you've got a busy day ahead of you" I said moving her hands away from her face. We both sat up fully and she opened her first present I got her, a charm bracelet.
I helped her put it on and she grabbed her coffee and we made our way to the living room were I showed her the banner and more presents. I was still videoing so I could catch her reaction.

"Michael, you didn't need to do this" she said gasping slightly and putting her coffee down, I slid my arm around her waist and pulled her into me. Our tummies were touching and she smiled and I turned the camera to be facing us both.

"Yes I did y/n, I want you to have the perfect birthday" I said smiling, she cupped my face and gave me a kiss. When she tried to pull away I bit her bottom lip with my teeth, not hard but enough so she couldn't pull away. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck.
She kissed me passionately, she moved her hand over my arm and lowered it so I wasn't able to video us anymore. I pulled away for a second to stop the video, I threw my phone onto the couch and kissed her again.
**end of video/flashback**

I saw the lady at the desk walking over to me so I stood up and meet her half way.

"The doctor is on his way to talk to you" she said.

"Thank you" I replied and she walked away. I went back to the boys and woke them up to tell them.
A few minutes later a doctor came to talk to us, we all stood up as he started to talk.

"I've got good news and bad news. The good news is y/n condition is stable and she is doing ok but she's in a coma from bad head injuries. I'm sorry" he told us with a sympathetic look. I couldn't say anything, no words were forming in my head.

"Do you know when she'll wake up?" Ashton asked.

"Could be in the next few days but it also could be weeks to months. If you have any other questions I am happy to answer them for you?" He said. The boys all looked at me but I still couldn't say anything.

"Do you know anything about the accident?" Calum asked.

"Yes, umm a witness says y/n was waiting at the red light when a drunk driver came up too fast behind her and crashed into her pushing her forward into the road and a truck coming another way hit the side of the car at heigh speed, he wasn't able to stop in time. I don't want to say blame the drunk diver but if he wasn't drunk or driving, then the accident probably wouldn't have happened" the doctor said.

"Can I see her?" I choked out, holding my tears back.

"Of course" he said leading us towards the rooms she was in.
"I'll leave you boys to it, there's a red button in there, you can't miss it, if anything happens just press it" he said before walking away.

I walked in first and almost fell to the floor. Y/n was covered in small cuts, bruises and bandages. She had a bandage around her head. I walked over to the side of her bed and sat down in the chair next to her. Luckily there was 3 other chairs for the boys as well, two chairs on either side of her bed.
I called y/n parents later in the morning and they came to see her that day.

I stayed in that chair by her bed for 2 and half weeks, only moving to go to the toilet. Y/n parents and the boys tried to tell me I should go home, but I couldn't bring myself to leave her side. Luckily tour wasn't starting for a while and we only had to cancel a few interviews. Sometimes the other three boys went without me to an interview but nobody minded me not being there.

It was coming up to 3 weeks, y/n hasn't woken up yet. The doctors say she's been getting better and they hope she'll be awake soon.

I pulled my chair closer to her bed, which I do when I'm alone with her, I held her hand in mine and started to talk to her.

"Y/n I miss you, so much. Baby, please wake up soon. The doctors say you've been getter better, all you've got to do is open your beautiful eyes for me. God I miss looking into your eyes. You know it's hard not being able to hug you or kiss you, well I have been but I need you to hug me back, I need you to kiss me back. I miss your voice too, I miss hearing you talk in the mornings, I miss your laugh and I miss the way you would shout at me for being an idiot. Please just wake up soon, or move a finger for me, just something baby-" I tried to carry on talking but the tears were back and I couldn't stop them from falling.
"This is so shit. Fuck why did you have to get hit? You shouldn't have gotten hit. I will never forgive myself if you don't wake up. I need you" I cried as I lifted her hand to my face. I kissed her each of her knuckles then I turned her hand over and kissed her palm. I held her hand to my face as if she was holding it, as if she cupped my face with it. I kissed her palm again as my tears hit her hand.

Suddenly I felt her fingers twitch, I snapped my head up to look at her and placed her hand back on to the bed keeping ahold of it with my hand.

"Y/n?!" I didn't get an answer but her hand twitched again, she was holding my hand.
"Baby, please wake up" her grip on my hand tightened as I spoke to her.
"I know you can wake up, just open your eyes" I said softly standing up to see her face easier. Her eyes fluttered and slowly opened. I couldn't believe I got to see her eyes for first time in weeks.

"Y/n, you're awake, fuck, you're awake" I smile through my, now, tears of happiness. She looked at me squinting slightly because of the bright lights around the room.

"Mikey?" she whispered. I lent over her and kissed her extremely gently on her forehead, not wanting to hurt her.

"Yes baby, its me" I whispered back smiling at her. She have me a weak smile and I sat back down in the chair. I lent my elbows on the bed and rubbed my face with my hands, taking in everything. I felt her hand on mine and instant held it. I lifted my other hand to her face, I stroked her cheek lightly with the back of my fingers and she tried smiling again.

"I can't believe you're actually awake" I said looking into her eyes.

"You said you need me to kiss you back" she spoke just above a whisper.

"You heard me?" I questioned, thinking about everything I had said to her.

"Yes, Michael I heard everything" she told me.

I sat up and pressed my lips against hers. It was the best feeling, feeling her smile against my lips.

"I love you, so much" I whispered breaking the kiss.

"I love you to Michael" she said as she smiled her normal smile. I sat back in the chair and kept her hand in mine not wanting to let her go. Ever.