Chapter 40 : Wait For the End to Change...

Sorry guys, just had some trouble with my internet...  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We drove past the cars on the busy London streets, my heart was fluttering do high that it was becoming hard to concentrate..

The restaurant I had picked was not very far away by then.

"Harry?" Nicole's voice interrupted my reverie.

"Hmm?" I still couldn't concentrate like I should've.

"You know I love you right?" She asked out of the blue.

"Of course I do and I love you too." I replied as earnestly I could.

"I don't know what you are trying to establish here. I told you it was all over. You don't have to make it up to me." She sounded... almost desperate as if not wanting to go.

"Nicole. Its nothing really. You don't have to worry. It will be worth it." I tried to calm her down.

I sneaked a look on her face. She seemed almost as nervous as I was at the time.

I parked outside the expensive but cozy restaurant I had booked for us. What worried me more than my proposal was the media that might turn up at anytime or the wrong time. Even though perfect, I was starting to question the risk I was taking.

The valet took the car from me along with the keys and I took in my princess through the glass doors.

I cleared my throat at the reception where a business-like man stood with his eyes hooked to the screen.

"How may I help you?" He looked up abruptly.

"By Harry Styles."

"Oh. Sorry sir. I'll have someone show you." The man looked around, looking for a waiter when he saw one. "Jimmy! Jimmy! Come here." He ordered a short-heighted man who brisked towards us. "Jimmy, please kindly show these two to table 786." The man looked back at the screen and our waiter directed us to our table.

"So fancy Styles... hmm... what are you up to?" She put her hand under her chin and narrowed her eyes mischeviously.

"Lets see... I am here with my girlfriend on a date. I don't see whats wrong in doing that." I played along.

"So you are-" She was cut off as the waiter came to take our orders.

"I'll have some Ceasar salad and some spicy rice. Thank you." She said and I was surprised that was all since... forget it... it was a girl problem.

"And what would you like sir?" The waiter looked towards me.

I ordered some healthy main course because I knew I needed that to freshen up my mind.

"Nicole... you know, we have spent all this time together. Do you think it will ever last?" I asked, trying to confirm my path.

"I'd say it won't unless one of us does something unbearable or something we're not ready for or just can't handle for now." She said, playing with her fork and our champagne arrived shortly after.

"I'm sorry Nicole but I don't know what you want to think right here but after all this time together... I just wanted to ask you something." I asked for permission to speak further.

"Go ahead." She straightened up in her seat and clapped her hands together on the table, well... that posture made me nervous.

"Umm... You know we love each other and you know we spend most our day together, you know my friends and my circle, even though I don't have a clue about yours. But I think we can do it but-" The waiter arrived with our food and I stopped in the midst of my sentence, trying to postpone a little.