-Before Chapter 1- Part 1-

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, you are right!" I said faking my excitement. "Also don't worry, I sort of gave him your mom's number so that she can talk to him." He said. A scream erupted from the other room. I jumped suddenly scared for dear life. "AUTUMN!! AUTUMN HONEY!!??" My mother yelled running down the hallway, bursting into my room. I looked at her scared for my life.

"Uhm, yes mother?" I said keeping my words at a minimum. "I JUST GOT A CALL FROM A GUY WHO SAID THAT YOU ENTERED A CONTEST FOR A SCHOOL IN IRELAND AND THAT EVERYTHING WOULD BASICALLY BE FREE, AND THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED... SO BASICALLY YOU CAN FINALLY GET OUT OF MY HOUSE AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BOTHER ME ANYMORE!!" She yelled jumping up and down. "I raised an eyebrow. "Looks like mama approves," Frank said over the phone. "Not funny, this scares me," I whispered to him. There are so many crazy things going on in the world. We don't know the person behind this scholarship. One phone call shouldn't determine the amount of trust we place into this man and his family. "Mom, how do you know that these people can be trusted, I mean what if he was secretly a rapist or something, or like an ax murderer.? "You are being absolutely ridiculous!" My mom and Frank said at the same time.

I shook my head and covered my face. Am I the only one who is concerned that I won a contest in like, a minute? What if some serial killer rigged the system?" I asked concerned. My mother rolled her eyes, and Frank sighed and started to go on about the fact that I have been dreaming of leaving the country and right then my mother started the same argument.

After a good 30 minutes of hearing them both say the same thing, I cracked. "Okay, okay... I'll go and experience a lot of new things.." I said annoyed. They both sighed, then my mother hugged me and patted me on the back. "I told him that you would be coming in one week's time. So you would be able to get some stuff that you may need. I have to figure out a way to transfer your money to a bank account that works over there. I have $30,000 dollars that will be in your bank account before you go and I got something for you. I'll give that to you before you leave though." She said with a smile, before getting up and walking to the door. "I'm so proud of you darling." She said with an even wider smile before walking out of the room. She closed the door behind her for the first time ever in my 18 years of existence.

********************************************

ONE WEEK LATER:

I had a great deal of money which my mother had given to me and the 7,000 which I had been saving due to the fact that I spent my last three years of high school working hard at Chipotle to move out of the country. It was a very strenuous job. I didn't like thinking about it. But it helped me a lot. I learned how to communicate with people and resolve problems on the spot.

I was very nervous about this new adventure. I wanted to call it existing, then again how could I? Today was the day I will board the plane to Ireland and say goodbye to my mother. I sat up in bed, I couldn't sleep. I only had about 4 hours until I had to go to the airport so I decided to print my important information and paperwork for the flight. After doing that I had about 3 hours and 30 minutes now. I took the next hour to do my research on the place in which I had been selected to go to.

The place I will be staying at was off of the maps, but only the images of it were shown on the front page of the website. The name of the website is "www.LU.Blackstone.com" There was little detail about the family, only just the basics. They were the founders of that land, so they built a palace there in the 1300s and called it home. They established a small kingdom, which is a city now. I sighed, shoving my old laptop to the side annoyed. Why in the world am I so worried about going there? It's a new experience, it's something amazing.

I got up from my bed and went through my checklist of the things that I was bringing with me. I only had one suitcase packed. I had a week's worth of leggings, undergarments, oversized hoodies, and shirts. My mom told me that it would be best for me to get some new clothing. I didn't disagree one bit, I thought it was a good idea to get some new stuff. I looked over at the clock to see that a whole hour had passed. Time to get ready! I thought to myself.