Chris Evans - So High School

No one's ever had me, not like you.

**

Now

Everybody says that he's my 'claim to fame'.

Ouch.

I didn't need him for anything, I had my own money, my own job - but of course the media will always twist the story and words. Apparently I only dated him to get my name out there...

I'm a fucking heiress! My name was already known, if not for that but for my designer career. How much more of my name could I have got out there?

If anything, everyone who knew him said that I was out of his league, and at first I didn't even pay him any attention - only because he'd got drunk at the afterparty of the premiere of his film. He had the balls to ask for my number, and even more of them to pursue me when I said no.

Chris Evans was relentless. He saw what he wanted, and he got it eventually.

Do I regret it?

No. Because I was wrong about him. He actually made me feel like a lovestruck teenager, a version of myself that I never thought existed until him. I did things I wouldn't have done, never dreamed of considering the prestigious private school education I'd had. It was always just to aim for fashion designing (which I got for my skills, not my name). When I was with him I pictured everything for us. The house, the kids, the wedding.

But nope. That kinda crumbled the more he became a household name.

I never asked him to tell me about the first time he saw me. But I wish I had, just to know what he was thinking. Even through drunken eyes.

He's here though, in London, which I never thought I'd see but considering we've just passed one another in the halls of The Corinthia Hotel? I'd say that it's most certainly him - publicist by his side and security around him. He has a new film out, but it's just typical that we had to meet like this.

I don't want to look back, but I give in and do.

He's looking back too...

**

Then

I don't really know anyone here, but considering I got an invitation i just decided to have a night out. After all, going to places like this could secure me connections. Connections that I could finally have show my designs out there on the red carpet.

The film wasn't something i'd usually watch. For a start it's from a comic book, a string of films by Marvel tipped to be the next big thing. I had no idea just who this Captain America character was until I had to shamelessly google him. To be honest, I'm used to rom-coms and stuff, but it was a good watch. I'm sure that kids will love this kinda thing, it's heroes and villains after all. Plus the guy playing the lead wasn't so bad to look at. Chris I think his name is.

In fact he's here now, but he's been talking to a lot of people.

I wonder if he knows all of them? Either way I've not seen him without a drink in his hand since I arrived a few hours ago.

The party's a good vibe though, people are drinking, dancing. I've been to some shockers in my time. The group is currently playing spin the bottle with one of the empty beer ones, chuckling and probably daring one another to do something they see outrageous in their minds.

I simply stand and drink, checking my phone every so often until I can sense eyes on me. Looking up I can see Chris just staring at me from where he's with the group. Ok, he's got to be wasted...I just look him up and down, turning away.

Please no. I cannot deal with drunken actors tonight.

"Soooo, can I get you a drink?"

Fuck.

I glance to the side of me where Chris is standing, watching me with a grin on his face.

"Did your buddies over there dare you?" I look back to where they're watching, and then hastily turn away, acting like they're not.

"I like your accent".

"And I'd like to answer your question with a no". I smile sweetly. "I was just about to leave anyway".

"O...kaaaaay, if not a drink, then could I get your number...." He now makes a slightly pained face as he realises he's fucked up. He's not even asked for my name.

Yep. Not a great first impression. "I'm Giselle by the way". I tell him with some irritation, "or Gigi, whatever you find works". At this point the ship has well and truly hit the iceburg and is sinking fast.

"Gigi...I like that". He says more so to himself and turns his attentions back to me again. "Please? Could I get your number?"

I eye him as I down my champagne and put the glass back on the bar. "Try harder Mr America - or maybe just a little more sober".

Then I turn and leave, with him and his friends watching - heading back to my hotel that's not too far. It's LA after all.

Come morning I'm presented with a delivery of a big bouquet of flowers to my room, and from him. How he managed to find out where I was staying was something, but I'll give it to him that he took what I said on board and tried harder.

But he's just gonna have to keep on trying...