Frank Adler - This Is How You Walk On

Frank lay on the couch, eyes closed as he listened to Annabelle at the piano playing something that she was currently recording for her new album. Seeing her in public nowadays was a rare occurrence, and so whenever she did then the photographers would be out in full force.

Lately she'd been avoiding it as much as she could.

"Balls" He heard her mutter to herself and lifted his head up so he could see her.

"That s'posed to be in the song?"

Her eyes looked up from the keys as she still played the tune and sung to him. "and in feud with a neighbour, she stole his dog and dyed it key lime green..."

Frank now laughed. "That's not seriously in there?"

"It is because it's true". Annabelle smirked and continued playing. "It's Mary's favourite line from the whole song".

"Of course it is" He rolled his eyes. "Why don't you take a break, you've been sat there for ages".

Annabelle continued playing, seemingly ignoring his request. "I'm on the verge of a breakthrough with this one".

"What? About writing more on how the woman who owned this house years ago dyed a dog a different colour?"

"Admit it, you love it". She grinned and slowed her playing before stopping.

He now got up and rounded the piano, seeing her notebook on top full of scribbles where she'd quickly written and changed lyrics. She was in her creative bubble and he knew better than to interrupt her. However it was needed. "Come on, take a break".

Reaching for the glass of water on top of the piano, she took a long sip and slowly got up - her stomach now larger and making it a little awkward to manoeuvre. She'd kept her pregnancy from the world for months - the album recording helping to keep her from the prying eyes of the media.
Now, with only a couple more months left to go (less if you counted it in weeks) Annabelle was adamant to have her recording done so that it could be finalised and then released. Something to keep the fans happy and for her not to worry about after their baby finally arrived.

She had been a little nervous when they'd found out, not wanting history to repeat itself.

Frank kissed her gently, feeling a kick against her bump and grinning. "Chill out kid" He told his unborn child, rubbing Annabelle's stomach gently.

"She's annoyed that the music stopped".

"Gotta stop at some point".

"I will...when she's here".

Frank raised a brow. "Will you though? I know what you're like Belles".

"If you don't let me finish this album then no" She mused and headed for the kitchen, "Honestly Francis you're worse than my mother".

"Call me Francis one more time..." He challenged with a smirk. She would always do it to try and piss him off or when she was annoyed with him for something.

"Or?" She now mirrored his expression, opening the fridge and beginning to get some bits out to make lunch.

He came up behind her and slid his hands around under her stomach, resting his chin on her shoulder. She sighed happily feeling their baby move inside of her. "You look so damn gorgeous, not long now and she'll be here". He murmured into her ear, gently rubbing her stomach some more. She was hormonal some days and also becoming a little more impatient. In some ways he was too.

"I can't wait". She breathed, resting her head against his

Frank pressed a kiss to his wife's head and savoured the moments like this that they had together.

"Yeah, me neither"