Lloyd Hansen - Ardour (AU)

The fact that Suki Banks had no idea who the man with his hand on her leg was said enough about the embarrassing situation that she had found herself in. "There you are, you're late - he's waiting"  someone had grabbed her arm and pulled her into the club she had been waiting outside of for friends. Friends who were now asking where she was.

"Who? Wait I think there's been a mistake..." She laughed nervously as the group of men had accompanied her through to a VIP section. "The boss never makes mistakes - you told him what you'd be wearing and here you are. Now just sit there and look pretty and play your part, afterwards you can receive your full payment depending on whether the boss wants you to stay longer for...well, you know".

Oh crap. They thought she was a damn escort!

But now it was too late to say anything, as they'd come to a booth where a moustached man sat drinking with another. His eyes skimming her up and down. "Ah here she is, come sit next to me kitten".

Suki knew that the only way to see this situation through was to just become an actress. Perhaps she could fake a bathroom break and then make her escape.

Sliding in next to the man, he slipped an arm around her waist and turned her head to him, pressing a long kiss to her lips. "And here was me beginning to wonder where you were - you're late sweetheart". The look in his eyes was one of warning compared to the words that were sounding tame. A subliminal message that told her he wasn't happy.

"Sorry...a girl has to look her best". She laughed nervously again as she caught sight of the man smiling across the table. "I wouldn't want to interrupt your business..."

Clearly this was business, otherwise she wouldn't have been mistaken for a stupid escort.

Play your part. Then run... she said to herself.

"Don't be silly sunshine, thought I'd introduce my fiancée to my associates after all". He said, grip tightening on her waist, as though he knew she could bolt at any moment. His hand then moved to her leg and gave it a small squeeze.

She bit the inside of her cheek before smiling to the man set across the table from them. "Suki, it's a pleasure".

Why the hell did you say your real name?!

"She's a hell of a girl, and soon to be a hell of a wife". The man smiled.

The other man now rose from his seat and extended his hand. "Well Lloyd I'll be in touch, pleasure to meet the future Mrs Hansen too".

Oh crap. Now that was not a part she would stick around for to play. Could this Lloyd guy tell that she wasn't who he thought she was? She hoped not, because judging by the look he'd thrown earlier, he seemed to be a man who looked like he called the shots.

She watched as both men shook hands and then Lloyd - as she'd found out that he was called - sat back down. "How much do I owe you if I keep you all night?" He asked, getting straight to the point and producing his wallet full of cash.

Oh hell no.

"Erm...is it ok if I just head to the bathroom? We can erm, talk about the cost after". Well this was awkward.

"Sure". He nodded and she side shifted out of the booth, getting up and straightening her dress out. She needed to find her friends who were probably in the club and wondering why she was late.

As she was about to make her escape, the two men who had brought her here then appeared with another woman.

And she was wearing the same dress...

Oh no.

"Boss, we may have a problem here..." one of them started whilst the other blocked Suki's way. "This one here is the girl you ordered. Not her". He shot a look at her.

The other woman looked unimpressed at Lloyd. "I hope I'm being compensated for this - now did you want all night or just half?"

"Ok what the fuck is going on? Who's this?" Lloyd looked to the woman who was still waiting for an answer.

"Your escort". One of the men replied.

Lloyd then shot a look at Suki. "So who is she?"

"A mistake". She now said, her mouth going dry. "Those two guys grabbed me outside and thought I was her". She pointed to the woman who looked her up and down still unimpressed. "I didn't have time to explain. They just dragged me in here and assumed I was who you were looking for". Cheeks now flushed with embarrassment, she glanced around, seeing an exit. "I'm sorry for the mix up. I need to go - have a nice night".

Hurrying away she pushed through some people around the bar area of the club and finally made it outside. Reaching down to her bag...

That wasn't there...

She'd left it on the damn table that she'd been sat at, and in haste to get away hadn't picked it up.

"You know you really shouldn't be so forgetful when it comes to personal possessions angel cake". Came a voice from behind her, finding Lloyd standing there with her bag to hand, then holding it out for her to take. As she went to he pulled it back. "I guess I should apologise for the idiots that my guys are".

She swallowed and nodded. "It's ok...I didn't mean to cause any problem".

"No, but you played your part well - very well actually. How about I take you to dinner, by way of saying sorry".

She shook her head. "It's fine. I'd much rather just go home".

"Suki". He looked at her. "It's just dinner. Nothing shady - no payment for a night".

Looking over his shoulder back at the club, she then met his eye. "What about the other girl, the escort you paid for?"

"She's not as pretty to look at as you...just dinner, nothing more. You have my word, and I guess my thanks as well, because the guy I've just met sealed a deal I was making with him".

She pondered on it for a moment. She could use a few glasses of wine she guessed, and he did genuinely look apologetic.

"Just dinner". She ensured.

"Just dinner". He repeated.

Suki didn't realise that this decision would lay the path for what she was about to get caught up in. Lloyd Hansen to be precise.

"Ok".