Frank Adler - Forget Me Not (The Next Chapter)

Frank had forgotten just how much touring entailed, given that Annabelle hadn't done so for a few years. She was kicking off her 'Generations Tour' in Las Vegas, and had been away for the last week from them while rehearsals were being finalised at the venue.

Mary had been going on non stop about it whilst Eleri, who was almost three, had only kept asking for her mom. If anything, Frank was exhausted of having to constantly repeat himself to both kids, even if Annabelle had sent them videos telling them that she missed them.

Don was currently waiting for them as they arrived - seeing the fans already camped outside waiting for the doors to open. He'd been with Annabelle as security from the start and was a familiar face to everyone. "Hey kiddo". He said as he fist bumped Mary and ruffled Eleri's hair "Long time no see, you've got taller".

"And you got less hair". Mary smirked as Frank now coughed loudly and threw her a look. "Sorry, but you did get older".

"That's what happens kid, it's life" Don chuckled, knowing what Mary was like. Even now at ten she was still as sassy as ever, and Eleri was following suit pretending to be like mommy. Now shaking Frank's hand he smirked. "You might wanna go see her, she's been a little stressed this morning - overthinking crap again".

Frank nodded. "Sounds like Belles when something big is coming around". She'd been the same on releasing her newest album - it had ended up breaking records within the first 24 hours...

There was nothing that his wife couldn't accomplish, especially now as he saw her rehearsing in one of the outfits that she would be wearing.

And boy was he the luckiest guy in the world...so much so that fans were willing to fight him for her.

"Put me in the ring with Frank..."

"Frank is in fact ready to fight"

"Her husband better be ready for combat, coz we're coming".

Were just some of the comments that had Annabelle and himself rolled up with laughter.

I mean, they could try - but he would always win when it came down to Annabelle Haines

"Don't let her see us just yet" He now stopped Mary from venturing further and held Eleri, all of them watching as once again Annabelle owned the stage.

"She's still soooo freakin' cool" Mary said.

She knew all the dances off by heart, having sat in rehearsals for some weeks before. Frank had allowed it considering this is what a normal kid would've been doing, instead of university degree level mathematics. Mary still worked her socks off, but at the same time Frank and Annabelle had ensured that she got the chance to still be a kid.

Once she was done the three of them cheered, causing Annabelle to now look round and see them. "Let's take five". She told the crew and now got off stage, coming to hug them all. "Sorry, I'm sweaty already".

"That was so cooool! With the chair thing? Can you teach me to dance like that?" Mary asked.

"No". Frank said immediately.

Annabelle smirked. "Maybe a more savoury version if Francis allows it". Throwing a look to her husband.

He let out a small growl but kissed her all the same. "I'm totally gonna be at war with a lot of fans after they see you in this tonight". Leaning into her ear. "Can you keep it after you're done touring?"

"What's it worth?"

"You know exactly what it's worth". He said, putting Eleri down so she could run about. "I never thought a song written about Guy could get me so turned on".

The song itself had surprised many fans but had become a quick favourite for just how blunt it was. Not that Annabelle gave a shit anymore, there were a couple of songs directed at her ex manager on the album.

She grinned. "If you stop being such a grumpy bastard then I might consider bringing it back to the hotel tonight".

That was good enough for him.

Later that evening as the crowd once again screamed and sang, Frank could see just how at home his wife looked on the stage once more. Even stopping the show at once point because she could see Eleri crying for her from the VIP section they were in beside the stage.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry..." She said as they stopped, "I can see my daughter crying over there, which says a lot about what she thinks of this show already" She laughed  and shook her head to herself "Can we get her on here? Mom duty doesn't stop on tour, guys". She said as her guitarist Joel now brought Eleri over. "So I'm gonna have to do this next one with my mini me here, we all cool with that?"

Of course they were - Eleri was already a little diva in Frank's eyes, but now as she strutted hand in hand with Annabelle down the stage it was obvious that she was going to be a star in her own right. The crowd loved her, Annabelle's choreography seemingly going out of the window as Eleri was all but toddler freestyling with her Mom.

He looked at the big screen as the song ended and Annabelle now was saying something quietly to their daughter, the little girl now waving to everyone - his heart swelling with pride for them both.

"Did you enjoy being up there with your mom?" He asked as Don now handed her back to him. Eleri seemed satisfied, now popping her pacifier into her mouth that he gave her.

Looking back to the big screen, all he couldn't stop smiling. His wife was back in one of the places where she was most comfortable - and if she was content, then so was he.