Cole Turner - Ghosted (Reimagined)

He knew it had been useful to put a tracker on his inhaler - or just anything in general considering something like this could happen. And it had. The inhaler that he'd accidentally left in his date's bag after an unexpected coffee date.

Now here he was. Just a couple of weeks later in London where he'd finally tracked her (and said inhaler) down. She'd not been answering his messages, however she had told him that she travelled for work, so it was possible that the overseas calling plan was probably screwed, or that she didn't have one. 

They had connected though. He'd felt it and clearly so had she if they had exchanged numbers. Cole Turner had simply scoffed at the idea that he'd been ghosted. If anything then Allegra would think it the ultimate romantic declaration to come find her in London. Mattie had said it was creepy, but then again his sister wasn't a romantic like he was.

Allegra was the one. He really did believe that. She had been shy at first, almost anxious when he'd picked up her purse after she'd dropped it at the counter of the coffee shop, but after he'd offered to buy her one she had slowly come out of her shell.

And the kiss that they had shared before she had left?

It had been stuck in his mind ever since - and so had she...

The tracker had led to a stadium, and so Cole had made for there. She was probably seeing a show or something while she travelled. Making for the area he noted that she was in (to the back of the stadium)he walked through the gates and continued until someone grabbed him. "Finally! You must be the new roadie - here, move these amps round the stage please?"

Before Cole could even reply, he was met with a cart with two huge amps on them and the man disappearing off to bark orders at someone else.

Shit.

What the hell was happening?

Pushing the cart through, his head began to spin a little, and his breathing laboured. This was doing nothing for his asthma. If anything it was bringing it on.

Where was Allegra? The phone was showing she was near, just at the end of the tunnel he was pushing the cart down.

Ditching it and now struggling for breath, he made his way down the tunnel, hearing loud music at the end, and out into the open where a huge stage was set up - the music coming from there. As he staggered out and looked up, his eyes widened.

No. Way...

"Allegra..." He wheezed slightly as his eyes fell onto the stage where his coffee date had a mic to hand. "Allegra! Allegra!" He now called, waving his arms and heading towards the stage.

THUD!

The next thing Cole knew, two burly security guards had tackled him to the ground, pinning him down as they stated that he was getting nowhere near her.

The music suddenly cut on someone's order and he heard shouting. "Stop! What the hell's going on!" Allegra's voice echoed through the microphone as Cole now was able to kind of crane his neck to look up. "Stop!" She called to the security guards and now quickly got down off the stage, running over and continuing to yell at them.

Only then did her eyes meet his. "Cole?!" She looked at him and blinked in surprise. "What are you doing here? C'mon guys get off him!"

"Looking...for my...inhaler..." He panted as the guards now released him and he was able to get up.

"Shit! Someone go grab my bag from the dressing room! He's about to have a damn asthma attack!" Allegra yelled as one of the security team made off to find it.

Cole looked her up and down and frowned. "You...you told me that you travel for work..." then looking around and suddenly seeing her face on the big screens. Her name practically in lights."Wait..." It all fell into place now - and he mentally kicked himself for being so naive. "This is you?"

She looked a little guiltily at him and nodded. "Yeah...this is me...and I wasn't lying when I said I travel for work - this?" She gestured around at the stadium. "Is work...I'm on tour".

The guard returned with the bag and Allegra quickly rummaged through and produced the inhaler.

"Gimmie a sec..." Cole panted as he took a couple of puffs and finally felt he was able to breathe again, even if metaphorically he wasn't able to around this woman. "You're..."

"Allegra Hale..." She smiled weakly. "Yeah..." That part came out a little bitterly.

He frowned. "So, why didn't you tell me?"

She half laughed. "Because you had no idea who I was when we met. For once it felt nice not to be recognised. I can't really trust people as you can probably guess why, and when I realised that you didn't know me? I felt a little normal for once - and for me to feel that? It's rare..."

"Well...I wasn't expecting this, I mean your security team is obviously doing a good enough job..." He really didn't want to experience that again.

"Sorry about them". Allegra smirked. "They do love the opportunity to put their skills to good use. But you came here all the way to get your inhaler back?" She now laughed lightly.

"Actually...I came to find you. Thought it would be some kinda grand romantic gesture to surprise you - but seems you've surprised me". Cole smiled shyly. "I mean, I've been texting you and stuff..."

Allegra nodded. "I know. Sorry - it's been mad. I haven't really been able to answer properly - plus I didn't know whether you'd freak out about who I am. I also wasn't sure if you already had..."

He shook his head and then looked around at the world she was caught up in. "Guess this is the moment where you tell me that things probably wouldn't work between us..." His heart was slowly sinking at the thought. He'd been so sure that he had been the one for him.

She was silent for a moment and then called one of the security team over. "Could we get him a VIP pass or something?" Then shooting a look to Cole with a small and shy smile. "This one's staying..."