Chris Evans - Just Us

A/N - I know quite a few of you wanted to see these two again ;)

I can hear squeals and gurgles coming from the bedroom and instantly know that Chris is sidetracked from packing, which nowadays is a regular thing.

Especially when our baby is involved.

Dodger pads down the hall next to me from where he's been in the kitchen hoping I'd give him something to eat while cooking. Instead, I gave him a treat. I'm not that evil as to let him go without.

"Have you actually packed anything?" I ask as I find Chris lying on the bed, holding our daughter in the air over him, and she's letting out the cutest baby giggle. He brings her back into him and smothers her with kisses before holding her back up over him again.

"Uh oh...mommy". He makes a face to her and then pouts at me. "I was supposed to be packing?"

I throw him a look. "It's that or the movie will suck without you, people will begin to say you're a terrible actor to work with and eventually they'll cancel you". 

"Ouch!" He hisses, "they'd really cancel the sexiest man alive?"

"Don't make me answer that", I smirk. "But either way you're my sexiest man alive".

He now gets up and comes over to me. "Even though I'm an old man?".

"You're not that old". I reach up and kiss him gently.

"That mean we can make another baby?" He now gives me a devilish look.

"My vagina has barely recovered from having Orla, give it another six months and then maybe I'll consider it". I grin.

Orla is only three months, but from the moment that Chris saw her at the first baby scan, she was his entire world. He held my hand all the way through my hours of contractions, uttered his encouragement when the time finally came to push her out. She was born in the living room of our home finally, the midwife plucking her from the birthing pool and announcing we had a daughter.

He fell in love all over again and even though his camera roll still consists of Dodger, there is now a new girl who has his heart.

And he wants another, then again, he's always wanted a big family of his own. I'm not going to deny him that - maybe another will come along far sooner than expected by the way we may be at it, but right now we're just enjoying our baby. I have roles lined up for me to look at, however part of me is wondering whether to take a couple of years off just to have family time. 

"But now, you really need to pack, your car's gonna be here to get you soon".

"Can I take Orla with me?" He smirks and looks back at where he popped her on the bed, Dodger lying next to her keeping guard.

I head over and pick her up. She gives me a gummy smile. "Look at that little smile, grandma will be here in around an hour".

"Mom's coming over?" Chris now asks, "she didn't message me".

"I'm her favourite now. She texted me instead". I say smugly. "She's got a few things that she picked up for Orla".

He sighs dramatically. "Damn Evermore, taking my place as Mom's favourite, that's low".

"Don't let it wound you too much". I chuckle. "She's gonna be keeping me company while you're busy hanging out with Mr Dwayne Johnson - which I'm jealous about by the way".

"I'll get him to FaceTime you". Chris chuckles as he puts some clothes into his bag. "Hey, chuck me my wallet?" I send it flying at him and he catches it with one hand. "Now that's teamwork". 

"That's what we are aren't we? A team". I tell him and give him a kiss. 

He smiles down at me. "You bet we are", then gives Orla a kiss on the top of her head. "Daddy already can't wait to get home to you, you gonna miss me?" Orla simply gurgles with a bright smile that she always has for him. "Could you grab my phone from the kitchen table?" He now pouts to me. 

"You just wanna take my baby away for more cuddles". I grin. 

"Yeaaaaah" He drawls, and I pass her to him, making my way back to the kitchen where he sometimes sets up for his video calls and such, finding his phone next to the laptop. "You really need to stop le..." I walk back into the bedroom and stop, seeing him on one knee, holding out a box that's open whilst keeping a hold of our daughter. 

He looks up at me. "If we can't have another kid yet, would you at least consider marrying me?" I stare at him in shock. "Ever...what is it we always say?" 

"Just us". 

That's been our mantra for a while. Even through the ups and downs. It's always been 'just us'. 

"That's how I always want it to be. You, me, Orla, Dodge, and however many more kids we may have. Will you marry me?" 

I nod quickly, now feeling a little emotional. "Yes..." 

He gets up and slips the ring onto my finger, before we share a deep long kiss. 

"Just us". He says as he holds me and Orla close to him. 

I keep my arms around him, knowing now that we're his forever. 

"Yeah. Just us".