Steve Rogers AU - Stripped (pt 2)

"I swear if I have to watch another girl shake her poor excuse for an ass to 'Anaconda' then I'm gonna kill myself" Uncle comes over to the bar as I'm watching the girls who are auditioning with amusement. To say the songs are cliché is an understatement - this is burlesque, this is USO. You don't have to strip to the slowest of songs ever, they can be fast, upbeat and fun.

Apparently these girls think not.

"Caro, I'm crying on the inside here, come show them how it's done"

"You know I can't, I'm still not fully recovered remember? Plus I'm gonna be feeling it after". I know for a fact that I'll be in pain. Not bad but bad enough to render me useless for the rest of the night.

"You do this and you can have the night off, you don't have to be vigorous, I just need you to show them how to seduce a damn man if they have any hope in hell of getting money stuffed into their panties".

I stare at him as I pour myself a shot and down it. "And who am I meant to be grinding myself up against?" I now ask - hoping that it's Barnes or even Wilson.

"Steve is the only one here - that should be obvious". Chester grunts and gestures to where Steve is having a drink and already looking like he wants to shoot himself after watching some of the apparent 'talent'.

"No". I say firmly.

"Caro - I won't even ask this of you again, but I need you to help me out here".

I huff, "I'm already helping you out by keeping your bar in order and trying to tolerate that asshole over there. Now you want me to grind against his dick and start taking my clothes off?"

"You never had a problem with other guys". Chester points out. "He's just another 'client', treat him as you would any other guy coming to eye fuck you throughout the night".

It's been a long time since any guy did that, no one really notices me at the bar and I'm not exactly put out by it. I was on that stage doing what the others do once upon a time. But instead of a promotion, serving drinks has kind of demoted me. Now my uncle wants me back up there regardless of whether I'm suffering after. I haven't even tried to dance since the doc said I could start up light exercise again. And that's what I've been doing, starting off small before building myself back up again. I can't even use the pole to dance like I used to anymore.

"Fine..." I sigh, "But you're buying my medication from now on".

"Consider it done - ROGERS!" Uncle now calls. "Get your ass on that stage and sit down on a chair, Caro's gonna show these ladies how it's done".

Steve's face changes. "You're shitting me?"

"I shit you not - grab that chair and get on up there" Chester barks and goes to resume his position at the table he was sat at.

Taking another shot, I head over to Vis, the DJ and tell him what song I want, now coming up onto stage and looking at the girls who are watching with anticipation, as well as whispering to one another - probably talking about Steve's muscles or something, the guy is built, and I've seen way too much of him than I'd like to.

"If you wanna work here? You really need to can the Dita Von Teese acts, guys may like slow, but it soon gets boring". The music starts and I admit that I have some nerves, but I just need to get back into the swing of it. "Don't take your clothes off so early, it's what keeps them wanting more - tease the motherfuckers for all their worth, more tease means more money thrown at you". I say, moving to the music, lifting my top so as Steve can catch a flash of my underwear, and then circling him.

He watches, as I continue, occasionally giving him flashes of underwear before sitting astride his lap and ripping my top off , body moving on his, grabbing his hands so as he can touch me. "You really wanna let the guys have all the fun? Make them work for it!" I say to the girls, getting off and continuing to dance, feeling the burn now in my hip, and no doubt other places later. 

I ignore it, now removing my jeans, and pulling Steve's head back as I stand behind him - knowing full well that he's probably freaking out at the face that my breasts are literally over his face.

What I'm not prepared for is for him to suddenly grab me like its part of the act, lifting me up and then lowering me onto him, his breath running across my skin and down my chest before he lifts his head up. Our faces almost touching, eyes burning into one another's.

What the fuck is happening?

Now I remember just whose eyes I'm staring into - breaking eye contact and looking to Vis with a nod for him to stop.

Uncle just sits there staring like he can't believe what he's seen. I simply act like he didn't just witness that. 

 "And that's a taster of what should happen - minus your client wanting to give you their own strip routine". I throw a look at Steve as the music stops and then go and pull my clothes on. "Good luck ladies". I don't wait around the applause, but right now? I need my pain relief, hurrying off to the locker room to take it.

Grabbing my water from my bag and shakily taking a couple of pills from the container, I down them, feeling achy and pained.

That was too much - I'll feel it more tomorrow but for now this will have to do. So much for gentle exercise. This just proves I'll never be able to get back up there even if I wanted to. 

The door opens and closes behind me, and I turn to see Steve leant back against it, watching me intensely. "You're a good dancer, Chester said you was but you've stopped?"

"You shouldn't have done that - now the girls will think it's ok for their clients to just swoop them up and touch them all over".

"Sorry...I got a little carried away with the music and all". He apologises.

I shake my head with an eye roll. I don't have time for this or him. "Whatever".

"So why'd you stop?" He asks, noting the pill container in my hand. He probably thinks I'm an addict or something.

"None of your business..." I say, stuffing the pills back into my bag and closing the locker that's mine. "I need to get back to the bar". I go to move past him, but wince as a pain shoots through me. "Steve, can you just get out of the way please?"

He looks concerned. "You hurt?"

"Just let me get back to the bar - ow! Motherfucker..." I clutch where it hurts and now he holds me up. "I'm not an invalid!" I snap.

"Geez, I was only trying to help". He releases his grasp from me and I stumble out, really wanting to be away from him. "That why you gave it up?" He calls and I stop, bracing myself against the wall with my free hand and then looking at him. "You got hurt?"

My eyes stare right into his own.

"In more ways than you could ever know..."