Steve Rogers - Speak Easy (AU)

A/N - Thank you to @chythurs for proposing this idea to me :) This is for you. 

**

Brooklyn - 1931

It was simple.

Get in, find out anything and everything even if not relevant. Get out.

Now as Delphine's feet took her towards the back streets of the Brooklyn docks, there were very few people about. It was 9pm, and no woman like her would be seen frequenting an area such as this. The only ones who came here were workers and ladies looking for a night of fun in exchange for money. Even they were nowhere to be seen.

Her walk was filled with purpose. Intent. After all she was there with both - eventually turning down yet another side street where she could see a figure standing patiently outside a run-down shop that had not been occupied for some years so it seemed.

The click of her heels made him turn and she came to a stop in front of him.

"Nice night out tonight, miss". He nodded to her, lifting his flat cap slightly in greeting.

Delphine nodded. "It is, but I always carry an umbrella".

On this, the man stepped aside and knocked twice on the door behind him. It opened immediately and she passed through, slowly taking in the dimly lit hallway before descending some steps to another door.
As she opened it, the music and laughter broke free. The room large and bright. Heaving with people. Some at tables making conversation, playing card games while others were at the bar. On the stage there were a group of dancers moving to the jazz band that was entertaining the patrons of this secret and very much illegal establishment.

The Lehigh Club.

That was what the name said on the sign above the bar.

It was the right place. Her father had been right...

Delphine Ross had no idea why she'd chosen to agree with her father's plan in the first place. Inspector Ross worked for the police department, and his one talk was to close down all the Speakeasy's in New York and it's surrounding areas. Alcohol distribution was prohibited by law, however notorious names within the gangs that operated In New York, Brooklyn and beyond had ensured that this wasn't to be the case. People such as Tony Stark were on the radar, however they always seemed to be one step ahead of the cops, which made Thaddeus Ross even more pissed.

The only person on the radar tonight was one man. One who had slipped through Ross's fingers so many times that now it meant he had brought his youngest daughter in to be a pawn in a rather dangerous game.

Steven Rogers.

"You get in there, find out what they're operating, Speakeasy or not, then you get out and come home". Ross told her as she had put on her coat. "I had a reliable tip off that once you get to the door, the guy will say that it's a nice night out, to which you reply with 'yes, but I always carry an umbrella'" Ross told her. "DO NOT forget that. Otherwise we're just not going anywhere".

Delphine nodded. "And what if there's nothing there of relevance?"

"Then we keep trying to find out what the bastard is up to. Steve Rogers is dangerous Del. He needs to be flung in a jail cell to rot".

She said no more and began her journey to the location that her father had acquired from his source who also provided him with the password. Now here she was, and in very much an illicit establishment. Now all she needed was a drink, and a watchful eye.