Chris Evans - Perfect Shot

There had always been the excitement at eighteen of being a teen model, seeing myself in campaigns for the late nineties and noughties fashions. From Levi to Abercrombie, I did it. Magazines like 'Seventeen' would have me and group of others you would meet on set on the actual day, promoting jeans, Doritos, make up - anything that would attract the teens of that time into buying their products if it looked like that they would have a good time from it just like we were in the actual advertisement.

Do I miss it? Not really, but for a girl like me and at my age back then? It was exciting. However if you look at it now? Sometimes some of the columns were toxic. About how boys would only like you if you changed yourself, about the best ways to lose weight. Image and boys were everything to teenage girls back then. Yeah...I was one of them too.

Nothing ever compared to the Abercrombie shoot I did though - nothing at all. It was my favourite one, and yet still after all these years I feel like I did something wrong or embarrassed myself. The pictures were brilliant, I still have them of course, locked away - but it's painfully obvious that you can tell that me and my fellow 'model', who I can't even refer to as that anymore really, had chemistry. It had been there from the moment we'd said hello. Nowadays the only form of photoshoots he does it for the movies he's in or magazine articles that he's a part of.

"Chris, this is Daniella, Dani this is Chris..." We'd been introduced, both of us sporting the gear they were photographing for the day. And it was the first of many. By the end of it, they had him all but giving me a piggyback for a perfect shot. The laughter I look back and see in the ads was genuine. Getting the serious ones was harder for me. It wasn't for him though. I learnt he was an actor and couldn't pretty much switch at that moment.

"Do I know you from anything?" I asked as we sat eating lunch on the break

He shook his head with a smile. "Nah - nothing special or worth watching anyway".

Of course that had been a lie. Not Another Teen Movie had come out just a month later, and for him at 20? It was a big achievement.

I got my things together at the end of the shoot and slung my bag over my shoulder, ready to head back to a hotel before I made the trip home. I'd already said goodbye to Chris once we'd finished and had gone to get changed, but I had decided to seek him out once more. Maybe we could keep in touch or something? If he wanted to.

I couldn't find him though, and one of the assistants had said that she thought she'd seen him leaving.

Oh well.

So I left, and since then have only seen him through a movie screen.

Until today...

Right now I'm sat getting my hair and make up done in a weird turn of nostalgia and events. A magazine had tracked me down and contacted me wanting to know whether I'd take part in a photoshoot as part of an article about Chris. They wanted to recreate some shoots he'd done through the years and ours just happened to be one they wanted.

To say that I'm shitting myself is an understatement. "You do realise I don't look as good as I did at eighteen". I had laughed down the phone on calling the contact they'd provided.

"That doesn't matter, we'd really love to have you recreate it again, if you're able to make the date we put in the email? We'll provide the accommodation and flights of course..."

It had been a no brainer, and now I find myself here and wondering whether he actually knows that our shoot is one that's being recreated. I very much doubt he's gonna be able to just scoop me up like he did back then. What's more is whether I've still got the knack for being in front of the camera. I haven't done it in years.

"Ok, so we decided that we were gonna recreate an oldie you did back years ago..." The photographer is now saying and I immediately feel nervous.

He's here...

"We also managed to track down Daniella who said yes to doing this too..."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

As the photographer and Chris appear, I turn and can't help but immediately grin - because he's sporting the expression.

"No fucking way..." He now comes over as I get up and we hug, just like no time has gone by at all. "No way, how are you? You look amazing!" Now he lets go and studies me for a moment.

"You won't be saying that when they make you try and recreate the piggyback picture". I half laugh, still the nerves are there. He's gorgeous, more so than he was back at twenty. Did I crush hard on him all day back then? Of course I did - and right now I won't lie. I still am. "I'm good, work as a nurse at a vets. If it wasn't modelling then it was animals". I shrug.

"Didn't stay in the business then?"

"Parents thought it was great until I was at the age where I needed a 'proper job'. Kinda just decided there and then to give it up - however you on the other hand..." I throw him an unimpressed look. "Not been in anything worth watching? And I quote that from you back then".

He smiles and looks away. "I didn't wanna come across as a jerk if I told you about the movie coming out".

"Oh it's one of my all time favourites". I narrow my eyes and smirk, knowing it'll probably embarrass the hell out of him.

"Please no - tell me it's anything but that".

I shrug. "I have others I've watched", an assistant brings us some coffee over while they're still finishing setting up.

"So I have a confession..." He says, sitting down across from me. "I was trying to pluck up courage all day to ask for your number back then - but you'd already left by the time I went to find you at the end of the shoot".

I blink. "What?"

"Yeah". He laughs a little nervously, "Lame eh?"

I shake my head. "They told me you left, I actually went to find you to say goodbye again but an assistant said she thought that you'd gone. So I left".

He groans as he realises. "I went to give one of the t'shirts back...I didn't leave".

"Wow...well we're both feeling as stupid at the other right now..." I look at him. "You really wanted my number?"

"Yeah..." He admits. "I really liked you, but because I was too chicken to ask I left it too late".

I have no idea if he has a girlfriend or anything, but considering I've been part of the sad singles club since my breakup a few months before, I'm feeling like I need to take my shot - even if it comes crashing down. "I mean...it's never too late - if you're not seeing anyone that is?"

Now I feel like an idiot for even asking.

"Are you?" He asks, probably wanting to know whether I am or not as well.

I shake my head. "Nope".

He pauses for a moment and then takes out his phone. "So I know it's like years too late, but could I get your number?"

I now reach for my phone with a smile. "And the answer I'd have given back then? Yeah, ok".