Knight!SteveRogers - Fire on Flame (PT 2)

Prisoner. That's what she was no matter how much limited freedom Steve had given her. Aeress was allowed to go anywhere on the estate, however she was not allowed to leave it. If she wanted to go riding then she would need to be accompanied.

All eyes were on her, and she wished they were anything but.

Walking into the solar, she immediately turned on her heel, noting Steve standing by the fireplace and in conversation with another man. A man who now looked to her just as his friend did. "So this is the traitor's daughter".

"Yes. Yes I am". She crossed her arms under her chest.

"You'll curtsey before you King". Steve gestured with a motion for her to sink to the floor.

Aeress stared at them for a moment before sighing loudly and sweeping down into a rather diligent curtsey. "Your majesty..."

"Least you've got her under control, pal". The King looked to his friend and nodded his approval. "You can thank me later for pardoning you".

"You shouldn't have been so generous". She smiled sweetly, but there was no denying the sarcasm that laced her words. She wasn't scared of this man, whether he had the power to put her to death or not. Perhaps that was the better option - it certainly seemed it right now. "If you'll excuse me".

Steve became irritated. "You don't excuse yourself from the King's presence".

Aeress looked back as she made for the hallway that would lead to the gardens, and shrugged it off. "Well I just did..."

The pair stared after her, but then Bucky let out a laugh. "Actually, I take it back - I like her, she's the only person aside from me who's actually had the balls to stand up to you".

"Obviously I'm gonna do what you tell me too - it's clear her father never taught her any decorum".

"I can see it in your face. It pisses you off. You're gonna have to keep me informed of how well you guys are getting along - or not".

Steve glared into his wine and took another sip. "You did this shit on purpose. You knew we weren't gonna see eye to eye".

"This is all on you pal, not me - besides, there's no person better than you to oversee her guardianship".

"And what am I supposed to do when the time comes to get married? I can't exactly have her living under the same roof".

Bucky shrugged. "You choose someone who will keep her in check and marry her off. It's not her decision anyway. She'd probably make a good match for someone like Sir Loki?".

"Fuck no". Steve looked at him in disbelief. "That's a terrible match right there".

"Maybe after some time here with you she'll learn her place". Bucky shrugged. "Bring her to the feast next week actually. It's an order".

Steve nodded. "Sure".

"I should get back, see you soon". He gave Steve a clap on the back and headed out to where the members of his hunting party had been waiting patiently.

Once they were gone, Steve went in search of Aeress, finding her in the gardens scowling at some flowers whilst sitting on a stone seat. "He could've killed you for your lack of manners". He said, pacing back and forth in front of her. "Be thankful you're still breathing".

"Be thankful I actually have the brain cells to know what's good for me. I could've tried escaping over the last couple of weeks that I've been here, but I haven't - because I know what a stupid move is. That wasn't". She referred to earlier.

"He wants you present at the feast next week".

"No".

"It's an order- one you will follow. He is your King whether you like it or not. You will curtsey to him, kiss his feet, ride his damn cock if he asks you. You will know your place, because you should have learnt that by now from your father not doing so".

Ouch.

Rising from the seat, she smirked at him. "I bet you love the thought of me riding his cock, maybe I should? Perhaps that will earn my allegiance faster..."

He was furious, the rage bubbling inside, although on the outside he now looked coolly at her. "And you said you weren't that kind of girl".

"You have no idea what kind of girl I could be".

A bitch for one. He knew that much. She wasn't going to best him though. He was the Lord of his estate. The commander of an army - and if there was one thing he did best, then it was ensuring that everything ran smoothly and to his liking.

She was not that, but that would change - whether Aeress liked it or not.