Chris Evans - Idol (PT 4)

I feel like I'm twenty two and falling in love again. Bella and I touched down in Boston a couple of days ago and are spending the next week with Chris. Since our evening of what was meant to be just dinner turned into an unexpected night together, he's been asking for me to come to Boston again. He knows where I'm from we don't celebrate thanksgiving, but he's told me he doesn't like the thought of us being by ourselves for the holiday while he's with family.

Lisa has avoided coming over as she apparently wants us to spend some more time together before the whole family come rolling in again, but part of me wonders whether she's keeping away because she wants to see me as little as possible. I don't blame her for it if it is the real reason, although Chris assures me that it's not.

Dodger is enjoying the new best friend that he has in Bella. She literally follows him everywhere, tries to ride him like a horse (something I stopped immediately although Chris found it hilarious) and generally just spends most of her day playing with him.

"Lolly, c'mere..." Chris now pokes his head around the bedroom door and beckons me to follow him. He points into the living room where Dodger is curled up in his bed asleep, and with him also dreaming away is Bella. Chris now shows me some pictures he's taken on his phone and sends them over on WhatsApp to me.

"You sure Dodger's ok with sharing?" I ask.

"Dodge is fine, he's just happy to have someone giving him attention and playing with him all the time".

"Yeah, I can think of someone else who's like that too". I shoot back immediately and he feigns his shock.

"Seeing as the kids are asleep, I think I deserve the attention".

His arms now slide around my waist and I raise a brow at him. "It's midday, you had your fun this morning".

"Technically it didn't finish considering Bella decided to cockblock".

I nod. "Yeah...she's pretty good at tha-" I heard the buzzer for the gate go and Chris heads to the front door, I hear him talk and then let someone in. "Mom's here..." He now tells me and then obviously sees me visibly freeze. "Hey, it's ok - she's fine about this".

"Is she really?"

"Lola, I promise that she is ok about us seeing one another again. Serious or not". Pressing a kiss to my head, he goes to let her in while I hope that she just chooses to accept Bella. If she accepts my daughter it's fine, she doesn't have to accept me.

Lisa now comes into the room and sees me standing there, now grinning and coming over with her arms open wide. "Look at yooooou! You still look the same, bit older but the same!" She almost squeezes the life out of me, but I immediately relax, all my fears about her storming and drop kicking me all the way back to London now vanishing.

Best not tell her exactly what I did to her son at two in the morning, she may think differently of me - although she's probably heard many horror stories over the years. The pair are close, and it's nice that he can open up to her.

I just wonder how much he's told her about me.

"You haven't changed either". I smirk.

"Grandkids are keeping me young". She now looks around and then notes Bella sleeping with Dodger, walking over and admiring her. "Now she is adorable".

I shake my head "She's not when she's on a 4am wake up call".

"She'll figure it out, just like everyone does".

I'm pretty sure I see her flash a look towards Chris and me, but I chose to overlook it. "You want coffee ma?" Chris now asks.

"I could certainly go for that". She agrees and we head into the kitchen leaving Bella to sleep a little more. "So...have you two decided what this is?" she points back and forth to both of us.