Cole Turner - When Emma Falls In Love

It was Wednesday.

The last Wednesday of the month to be precise - which meant one thing. The farmers market was on, and around 10am he would be walking into the shop for his caffeine fix to get him through until lunch.

Except he didn't know she existed.

Well, that was a slight exaggeration. He did. He'd spoken to her many times since her arrival, a little surprised the first time to not find her mother at the counter of the shop. The farmers market was twice a month, the first Wednesday and the last Wednesday.

Always a Wednesday.

And he would always walk in at 10am.

Three months she'd been there, taking care of her mother while she recovered from her operation, all while trying to run the book store and small coffee shop that had been a blue print dream for years before it had come to reality. Emma Burton couldn't have been any prouder of just what her mother had achieved.

The only achievement that she wanted was to just find a man who actually wouldn't break her heart, or just break her in general. Living in New York had meant she'd dated her fair share of men - all of whom she'd joked on the phone to her mother about how this relationship could go wrong.

They always did for one reason or another.

Perhaps she was just unlucky in general? Either way she still remained happy go lucky despite the set backs, and cried in private before realising it wasn't worth the tears and moving on.

Being here in a new town though? It had meant less of an opportunity to meet anyone given how small it was.

That was until she'd first met Cole Turner - or 'he' as referred to earlier.

And once again, Emma Burton fell in love all too easily.

Glancing to the clock, she placed the take out coffee cup on the counter before the shop bell alerted her that someone had entered. "Morning Cole". She smiled lightly, pushing the coffee slightly toward him on the counter as he came up.

"Hey Emma - busy morning?" He asked, looking around and seeing a couple of people sipping their coffee whilst reading their recent purchases. Some outside sitting on the couple of tables and taking in the nice weather.

She shrugged. "A standard one - oh, I got that book you were looking for last week. Found it out back". Now producing it from under the counter and passing it to him.

He smiled and looked at it. "Well, would you look at that - thanks", taking out his wallet and paying for both the book and the coffee, taking a long sip and letting out a small hum. "You always seem to get it right every time".

"I just know your order off by heart now. You're usually in here on market day after all".

"How's Jean?" He enquired after her mother.

"Getting there, she's up and about now, but she still needs to take it easy. I know she wants to get back into this place, but she gets tired".

He nodded and tucked the book under his arm. Agricultural of course. She'd taken note of what he browsed (feeling like a slight stalker) when he had come in the past few times. "I'll have my mom visit her, just so she's not feeling lonely".

Emma smiled. "That's sweet of you, she'd like the company".

"Well then I'll see it happens". He smiled, taking another sip of coffee and nodding his approval. "Every time..." saying it more to himself, like it was the best coffee that he'd tasted. "Anyway, I gotta get back to the stall". Now glancing to the vase of flowers that was on one of the nearby tables that had the newly released books laid out on them. "See they're looking better".

Looking at the flowers she smirked. "You know they're fake, don't try and make out like you don't know I managed to kill the others".

"True, however the ones outside in the boxes are looking loved, so I can let the fake flowers slide". He grinned and checked his watch. "Gotta go - I guess I'll see you around?"

"I can have another coffee ready for you at lunch if you want?"

He brushed it off, "You're busy enough as it is".

She laughed lightly. "It's just a cup of coffee. I'll leave it for you on the side. If you don't take it then I won't be offended".

"Well if you're sure? See you at lunch". With one last smile that made her heart leap slightly, he made his way out to return to his stall. 

When Emma came out from the back hours later, the fresh cup of coffee she'd left for Cole on the counter was gone. 

Guess she would have to wait until the next Wednesday to fall in love all over again.