King!SteveRogers - Widow (AU)

The four Kings who sat around the large table in the council chambers were becoming impatient. "Trust Dreykov to be fucking late again". One muttered as he looked towards the large heavy doors that they were expecting the fifth and final King to walk through at any given moment.

The Council of Kings.

They met every so often with regards to trade and other matters of importance. Dreykov was usually the one who would make life harder for them all, making demands that couldn't be met. Sometimes Steve wondered whether he would be needing to wipe the blood from the council chamber walls, but thankfully it had never amounted to that.

"Maybe we should.." Thor went to begin but the doors burst open - two lines of female soldiers walking in before a woman clad in black appeared down the centre of them. Like the other women of the army of widows, she wore her hair in a braid, except hers was more accentuated. Large and ran down the middle of her head. Not a single hair out of place.

No man should underestimate Dreykov's army. The women were skilled assassins and wouldn't hesitate to take someone's head. They were silent, unforgiving, and deadly.

And now in front of them stood their General.

Evaine.

"Where's your uncle?" Steve demanded as she stood with her usual steely gaze to them all.

"Back home. He's otherwise engaged - believe me if I were Queen then I'd be skipping this bullshit, but seeing as he wants me here I don't have much of a choice".

Snapping her fingers, the widows stood to attention, turned, and silently walked out. Evaine now eyeing Steve. "You look as though you're about to burst a nerve..." there was some slight amusement to her tone.

"Just sit your ass down". He ordered, pointing to the vacant chair at the table.

"No thanks, I'll stand for the time being". She learnt against one of the pillars and studied her nails. "So, trade, boring shit - go on, speak". Already she was bored by it all - cursing her uncle for making her come all the way here when she could've been doing something more worthwhile. Such as drinking, or fucking some random man in the local tavern.

Steve now walked up to her. "I said, sit".

Tony, who had been unusually silent now spoke. "Rogers? Can we leave the flexing until later? We have work to do".

Steve's eyes never left Evaine's, who was almost sizing up to him. They'd met a couple of times, and he found her to be just as uncooperative as her uncle. This woman was the next in line to his throne, and although she had a rep for being sharp tongued and ruthless, she would be the ruin of Dreykov's kingdom.

"You don't give me orders, and I take no orders from any man." Evaine stated coldly at Steve.

Tony groaned and grabbed the bottle of wine on the table, pouring some into a cup before just drinking straight from the bottle anyway.

"Evaine, stand down before you start a war..." Ikaris, the final King, sighed. "It's not an order, just some advice. You two can spar all you want later - but Stark is right.".

Evaine smirked at Steve and then took a step back. "Just when things were getting interesting".

"Keep your mouth shut, Widow - before I silence you myself". Steve warned through gritted teeth and turned to make his way back to his seat. "Your uncle sent you here, you just cooperate and this can be over quickly".

"I hear King Ultron is wanting our heads on spikes - is this going to be part of today's discussion or are we going to ignore the burning of all those villages on the northern coast that happened last week?" She now asked before anyone could start any talk of trade.

Steve sat back on his chair and watched her. "Have you had to send aid to them?"

"We've taken in those who came looking for help. But four villages in one week? He's sending a message. You can't just hide behind the walls of your castles. Your Winter Soldiers are meant to be an elite army so it is said?" Her gaze rested on Steve again.

"If you're about to insult my men and question the leadership of a King then I'd advise you keep that pretty little mouth of yours closed. It comes down to planning and tactics. You of all people should know that, General".

Walking over to the table, Evaine slammed her hands down upon it and leaned forward - glaring at Steve. "Tell me that one more time? I'll kill you with one swipe".

Now it was his turn to lean forward. "Try it, and see just what you get in return. Now cooperate, or scuttle on back to your nest and tell your uncle that you failed to reach an agreement with us. I can only imagine how pissed he's gonna be that you fucked it all up for the Kingdom you've not even begun to rule yet. Any faith he has in you won't be there for much longer".

It took a few moments before she moved back and took the vacant seat. King Steve had won this round, but she would not let him best her again.