Steve Rogers - Enchantress (AU)

A/N - If you've not yet read Huntress or Siren then be prepared for spoilers!

**

I ran through the trees with steps as silent as I could make them. The thick fog that I had summoned in from the coast settling over the area, making it harder for my assailant to detect. They had been after me for some time, tracking me as I had spent a morning in one of the clearings taking a breather from court life. 

I had needed this - not the pursuit, but the time away from being the one making the decisions. The one who people turned to, the one who they depended on.that included motherly duties that also took up the other half of my time.

Our child had been blessed with the abilities of both Steve and myself. From the moment I had held her, I knew I didn't want her being raised in the care of wet nurses. If she was to grow and learn then it would be through the teachings that Steve and I gave her. Nimreth had already expressed just how much of a warrior she would be.

The water was never wrong.

Our daughter's heritage defined her future.

Dipping behind trees and undergrowth I wove through the forest, becoming exposed as I ended up in another clearing with no cover in sight. "Fuck". I muttered as I could hear the pursuit grow closer until I looked back, seeing something come flying towards me.

With no effort at all, I caught the weapon, sending it spiralling back to its owner who also caught it and smirked.

"Is that really the best you can do?" I sent a huge blast of water back and caused him to dive before it could knock him backwards.

I turned to run, but after a mere few paces I was grabbed and pulled back roughly. Struggling against strong muscles. The familiar touch somehow rendering me weak. "Still not fast enough sweetheart...I swear you're losing these training exercises on purpose". My husband  hissed into my ear from behind, one hand now bunching up my dress to my waist whilst the other had me pressed back against him. "Because you know you want the price for losing..."

The amount of 'prices' I'd paid him was beyond remembering. Each one just as delicious as the last. Not that I would ever admit to him that I was losing on purpose. These training exercises ended up benefitting us both for sure - but not just for purposes of warfare. Steve knew I could do better than this. That I was holding my power back just so I could be punished for losing. Which meant he could 'claim' me once again as his.

It was our own little game.

"Mhmm" I nodded lightly, craving his touch between my legs. However the more fitting punishment was to brush his hand between there and then let me go.

Tease.

He sheathed the shield onto his back and shook his head, tutting his disappointment at me. "Play fair Hale - otherwise Amara will be gaining a sibling sooner than we want".

"You know I've never played fair when it comes to you, husband". I teased, placing a hand on the bare part of his chest that was exposed from where his shirt was half opened across it.

Husband. My husband. My equal. My protector and lastly my soulmate. The man who had been fated to me from the moment we were born.
After everything he remained by my side, changing himself for the good of the city, and for our future that lay ahead.

By now, word had spread of the warrior who had slain the High King. For those who were against hydra? They had rejoiced - and those who were allied?

They had schemed.

He'd fought many foes since the battle, and won - his reputation being just as Nimreth said it would. He was just as respected as he had been in Auburndale - possibly even more in our lands.

And he was mine...

"Naughty girl". He growled slightly as he kissed me. "I still sometimes think you've got me under one of your enchantments".

I pouted. "I guess you'll never really know", giving him a peck on the lips. "We should get back to Amara before Bucky and Sam start arguing over her again". 

Everyday they would be bickering over who our daughter liked best. Steve usually ended the argument by saying it was him, but still they refused give up. Well, at least until she would be old enough to tell them.

"Take us back then". He confirmed as a whirl of water surrounded us, taking us back to the palace and onto the balcony of our room. We quietly ventured in to where the cradle rocked gently against the breeze, our daughter peacefully sleeping - unaware of the world she had been born into.

"Look at her, just as beautiful as her mother". Steve murmured to me, looking over Amara with adoration. She had my eyes, given that they were more prominent than Steve's - but she had inherited his other features so it seemed. I looked forward to seeing just how powerful she would be. At least we were safe in the knowledge that she would be able to defend herself, even though the thought scared the hell out of me.

I rested my head on my husbands shoulder. "Our biggest blessing" I confirmed. "I couldn't ask for anything more".

"Not even a whole army of them?" Steve smirked knowingly and holding me close.

"By the way you're teasing me then it won't be long until we do". I smiled, still looking at our daughter. "I want to enjoy her first though".

He leant in. "Well, she's asleep...am I allowed to enjoy you?". His words sent shivers across my skin. The effect he had on me was like no other.

I looked up at him with wild eyes, already feeling the fire growing inside of me. "You can enjoy me any way you want me".

"Get on your knees, wife".

"With pleasure".