Andy Barber - This Love

"Where you going out all dressed up to Barber?" Tom asked leaning against the doorway of Andy's college dorm, throwing the football he had in his hands up and catching it as it fell. 

Andy smirked, "Got a date". 

"Who's the unfortunate girl?" 

Andy looked over at his friend and grinned. "Pippa Everett, you know her?" 

Tom's football dropped to the floor as he stood completely floored by what his friend had just told him. "Woah, you got a date with Pretty Pippa? How the hell did you manage to when the rest of us have failed?" 

"Probably because I'm the better looking one outta us all". Andy chuckled and shook his head. 

"Hey Rob! Barber got a date with Pippa!" Tom now yelled down the hallway to their other friend. 

"No. Fucking. Way!" Rob called back from his room and then appeared in the doorway next to Tom. "Seriously what the hell did you do? We've all been kicked to the curb when trying to ask her". 

"C'mon guys, it's not that big of a deal" Andy sighed and grabbed his wallet from the table. "Chances are she'll probably never wanna see me again after tonight". 

Tom smirked. "And if you do then you need to tell us your secret, because to be honest? Rob here needs to get laid!" He clapped his hand on his friend's back as Rob now got him in a headlock and ruffled his hair with his fist. 

Andy rolled his eyes and slid past them from where they were blocking the doorway. "You two have a beautiful evening" He shook his head to himself and headed out to meet with his date for the evening. 

Pippa hadn't been hard to miss when he'd first laid eyes on her just that afternoon. She was sat on the steps of the campus library reading a law book, brow furrowed in concentration as her eyes scanned the pages. Compared to others sat around the area, she stood out in her cute dress with white high top converse. 
They'd got talking after he'd tried some shitty chat up line which thankfully she'd found amusing rather than weird. He'd been even more surprised when he'd asked whether he could take her out and she asked how that evening sounded. 

Now as he approached her halls of residence he could see her sat on the wall outside, swinging her legs as she waited patiently. 

She looked amazing, still in keeping with her dress and high tops, except she'd changed out of what she'd been wearing that afternoon. 

"Hi" He grinned as he reached her. "You been waiting long?" 

"Not long" Pippa hopped off the wall and looked at him. "Shall we go?" 

"Sure thing" He smiled and they began to head to the diner that wasn't too far from the campus. "You had any lectures this afternoon?" 

She nodded, "Just the one, I'm studying to be a legal secretary so not quite the high flying lawyer that my parents wanted me to be".  Andy saw the eye roll and knew immediately that her parents were probably the kind to push her to excel academically. 

"It's not for them to decide". 

"I know, they've always had high expectations though. I went to private school...sorry that makes me sound so pompous!" She laughed. 

Andy grinned, "Not at all, you don't show it". 

"Because I really couldn't give two shits about the lifestyle I've grown up in. My parents have their own company so they've always been very money orientated. Wouldn't let me go to a normal school or anything. It's like they're ashamed for me to socialise with people below their level of 'class'". She sighed, "Anyway enough about me, what made you wanna get into law?" 

He paused for a moment, "My dad..." 

Pippa glanced across at him as he walked beside her, hands in his jean pockets. "In the sense of he pretty much pushed you in this direction? Or influenced your decision?" 

"Bit of both in some sense, either way I wanna prove to myself that I can be better than he ever was". 

He looked to her, seeing her smiling. "Parents suck, enough said". 

Andy now laughed, "You got that right". Getting to the diner he opened the door for her, "After you". 

"Very chivalrous". 

"You ain't seen nothing yet".  He said, following her inside. 

Pippa looked back at him, Andy feeling himself beginning to melt at the look she now gave him. "Well, I look forward to seeing more of it". 

It was that night that Andy Barber decided that this was the girl he was going to marry - no matter what.