Ransom Drysdale (AU) - The Last Great American Dynasty

1925

Ransom had made his family speechless many times, but this time? This was his finest moment. His mother simply sat gawping whilst his father was processing what he'd just said. In fact, everyone was literally staring at him, or rather 'them'.

Stood next to him was his wife.

His new wife.

The woman he'd married whilst he was away and told no one about.

This was true Ransom Drysdale style.

Harlan now cleared his throat, looking a little irritated by the news which was just the reaction that he'd wanted. "Haven't you forgotten the small matter of being engaged to the Winslow girl!"

"Sloppy Joe can keep his daughter, I didn't wanna marry her anyway, you guys literally forced me to ask her". Ransom now rolled his eyes. "It wouldn't have worked out".

The marriage his parents had all but forced him to kick start. He'd had no say when it came to his life and yet he'd done what they had asked and had gone and got himself a wife...just not who they'd wanted...

"Joseph Winslow is one of the biggest businessmen in all of Boston!" Harlan now reminded him sternly.

"So then he'll have no trouble finding a husband for his daughter then". Ransom threw them a mocking smile and looked to his wife. "Anyway, this girl's the only one for me..."

Constance smiled at him as he leant in and kissed her, kick starting the PDA for the whole family to see that he was serious.

"But she's a flapper!" Linda now yelled, pointing an accusing finger at her son's wife as though she was the dirtiest human being in the world. "Our family has standards! You of all people know that!"

The name 'Thrombey' was recognised all over Boston, even the country, thanks to Harlan and his books that were gripping readers who loved a good old mystery and were gripped from page one. To have this news broadcast in the papers, between their friends in society? Not to mention the fact the woman was british born; it just was an embarrassment in their eyes.

Ransom snorted. "And yet you guys let Neil marry Joni". He pointed out with a smirk as Joni gasped in shock and fanned herself, "Constance is my wife, whether you like it or not. And to your 'standards'? You know what I say?"

"Oh, what Ransom! What do you say!" Richard now thundered, now accepting the severity of the situation. "Because this is our family's name you're bringing down! Our dynasty!"

Ransom simply looked at them before giving a small smirk. "You guys are perfectly fine doing that yourselves, and on that note? Eat Shit".

Then, taking his wife's arm, walked out.

Dynasty his ass. He had what he wanted and no one could change his mind otherwise.