Steve Rogers - October 43

"So what do we do with her?" Dugan asked, coming up to Steve and Bucky who were busy checking that the men who'd made it out were able to continue the long journey back to camp.

The surviving members of the 107th regiment had helped to defeat Hydra soldiers and destroy the base that they had been held in captivity.

But they had one person who was very much of interest. A young German woman who had Steve had discovered in the lab where he'd found Bucky.

Of course he'd taken her, helping her from the disaster that was escalating around them, however he'd done so because she could have information.

She'd sat quietly on the back of a truck they'd taken, surrounded by the men who were keeping a silent guard.

She did not speak.

They did not know what to make of her.

Now they'd stopped for some respite before continuing on for camp, she was sat with her head down, now looking at any of them.

She was scared. Steve could sense that. She also looked chilled to the bone.

Shrugging off his jacket, he walked to the back of the truck and held it out to her. "You cold?" She shook her head at this but he knew that she was lying. Her hair was a pretty honey blonde, and had been perfectly pinned, although these had come loose through their escape. He simply passed the jacket to her. "We're not gonna hurt you...you understand English?"

"Yes". Came the small reply, and now he was able to get a better look at her. There was a cut on her cheek, her face dirtied from the smoke and debris they'd gone through. But she was pretty.

"What's your name?" He asked, sitting on the seat opposite her.

She shifted uncomfortably and looked nervously around. Steve noted her hands shook.

"You work for Hydra?" He pressed.

"No". She spat.

Bucky came up to the back of the truck. "Already tried talking to her, she won't say a word - maybe Phillips will be able to get something outta her once we're back and she's under guard".

Her head whipped up at this, her expression frightened so much so that Steve's hand instantly and to her own. "Hey, it's ok, we won't hurt you".

She snatched it away, arms hugging her body.

"All I know is that she's a nurse". Bucky shrugged. "And that's just going by the uniform. I think I remember her being there with Zola...can't be sure though".

"We'll soon find out. Let everyone know we'll move out in about ten minutes".

"You got it pal".

Steve watched his friend go and turned back to the woman. "Did you work with Doctor Zola?"

She nodded.

"Okay, that's all I needed - would be nice to know your name though, instead of just being known as 'nurse'". He said, standing up and jumping down from the back of the truck.

As he walked away to go and find Bucky and the others, he heard her voice once more, her accent a little clearer.

"Bridgette..."

He turned and looked at her, then nodding to himself. "Well it's nice to meet you Bridgette...Steve Rogers". He pointed to himself.

She smiled weakly and then turned away.

Once they were back at camp, he would be sure to ask Colonel Phillips to go easy on her. It was clear this woman wasn't a threat, but why she'd been working at a Hydra facility was a question yet unanswered.